(INSOMNIACS) balls deep.

I am assuming from your correct guess, you have had to deal with them before? I keep telling her to switch over to my credit union, these people have been just great, but oh no, that would require some effort on her part.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

That's weird. A lot of banks allow you to deposit money in other peoples banks... You can just give them a name and not even an account number. Hell, some people have statement slips specifically for that instance. They are like gift receipts... They show that you deposited XX amount of money at such and such date, but do not list a balance.

In my experience, everyone complains about their bank unless its a credit union. And if they complain about their credit union, its that their hours suck. MMM I like my interest checking, and free ATM usage (I get paid back on ATM fees up to $3), and free checks, and friendly people, and $1500 instantly available from checks....

I remember I gave my friend rent money in form of Cash instead of Check as it took awhile to go to his account, he had Chase. It still took 3-5 days to reflect on his account... WTF...

• Like 1

Yeah I have basically the same setup although as military, I use USAA. Bank is awesome. My ONE issue with them is that they have no physical banks so it's a giant pain to deposit checks and cash. You have to deposit it at a UPS store :/

Otherwise it's the way to go. I've had them since 2006 and have never had an issue. All my fees are paid back, banking is free, debits/deposits are instantly reflected, loans are easy, and you get discounts for multiple services... I have two checking, one savings, auto insurance, and renters insurance through them.

Fuck real banks.

Mechanics Bank is the closest thing to a credit union if you want and actual branch. They refund all your ATM fees, free checking. Nobody is in the actual bank besides the people working, have all the space, air conditioning and free candy to yourself. 

Yesterday, I had to get a slight bit cunty with a teller. My girl calls me, said that she "thinks" she may have overdrawn her account and does not want to get dinged with that charge, so asks me to go put a couple of bucks in her account to make sure. No big deal, I was heading into town anyway. So, I get there, I have her account number and tell the guy I want to deposit this cash in this account, that's it. The fucker won't let me. I explained to him the situation, who I was to her and all that jazz, still, no. I then said in a quiet and very belittling tone " I need you to explain to me the scam I may be pulling here by giving someone my money. I am not taking out any money, I am not even going to ask for a statement, just putting money into an account. I know that you have rules and all, but I really need you to tell me what the potential danger is in this, because I am fuckin stumped". 

He went and got the manager, who took the cash. Before I left I said "is there anything I can sign here that will let anyone deposit money into my account that wants to, because I don't want to miss out on that should it ever happen." All I got was a dirty look. I should have burst in with my ninja mask/t-shirt, pretended I had a gun in my coat and forced him to take my money.

Coolest story of the day, Bro.