So, Today we built a snorkel

EatLag

Hey hey guys, well i finally got around to make a snorkel for this 83 720' and its safe to say i love it :)

we were busy most of the day so i didn't have time to snap photos of every step but i got the necessities

Below is where we modified the airbox, with a 3 inch lipped section so we could just plug the hose straight in and increase the ease of airflow

TITWMl6.jpg

Then we cut through the body, (nervous as hell) for the pipe

rpEA6qE.jpg

Then we screwed in the first section

ibl0c3X.jpg

Thats all i managed to get :/ but heres some of the final product :)

LeW8Z0E.jpg

KTTxfY6.jpg

7rV6owa.jpg

AND... my personal favourite photo

c50YgTN.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it looks really good as is. Have to agree with where I think wayno is going though lol, its not going to be functional. Unless sealed up WAY better anyway. 

There are in the last few pics but I honestly doubt they will seal. Nor will the ones on the side screwed to the body. Say nothing for the 15 joints on there using that tubing which is not designed to seal water tight using no hub clamps lol. 

It does look pretty awesome though 

i seen that video on here somewhere of that truck/jeep/whatever it was that the water was almost over the windshield, and that thing was still running, but they had to let it sink to get traction, as the back end kept floating, but they drove it out of that river, opened the door and let the water out, it was amazing, and  the epitome of funny. :lol:

Guess I m in the wrong place ?! I thought this was " Ratsun " , the place where building something functional and different is celebrated! Not shunned for it originality.

I've built a couple homemade snorkel, trial and err works great ...

Looking good , hope it works out .. digging the led lights to .

The first billabong romp will severely "test" all those holes and clamped joints.  Hope you have good towing coverage!  Seriously, I hope this is a display add on.  It does look good, but it would never make it to shore in Normandy.  A diesel might have a chance with properly sealed joints and drilled [for some reason] holes.

Guess I m in the wrong place ?! I thought this was " Ratsun " , the place where building something functional and different is celebrated! Not shunned for it originality.

I've built a couple homemade snorkel, trial and err works great ...

Looking good , hope it works out .. digging the led lights to .

Hardly shunning. If something is questionable it needs to be asked. It reduces trial and error. Either EatLag or the asker will learn something.

So I want to know how the distributor will be sealed up so you can keep the motor running to use the snorkel :lol: :lol:

(not a fan of cutting into the body but look good)