New 411 Owner

Chiquidrac

Hello all, I am new to this site and really like all the resources and information you have here, thank you all for putting all these resources for others to use. I am a new 1967 PL411 owner in Northern Colorado and loving it.  Datsuns are my favorite cars and had owned several over the years, my dad used to have a 1967 510 wagon when I was a child.  Over the years I have owned datsuns and used them as my daily drivers.  Since I know you all like pictures here are some of my car, 1967 PL41 with the original engine, paint, and almost everything stock.  I just added a new carpet, rims, tuneup stuff, etc.

http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/cheperamos13/library/Datsun%20411

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you guys for the warm welcome, I will take care of the rust ASAP, I bought the car about a month ago and it wasn't working so my first step was to get it up and running, I replaced the gas tank (20 or more year old gas inside the other one), fixed the carburetor (a couple of parts missing), someone before me had the coil wired without the resistor so I got it back to the way it's supposed to be, and replaced the rear wheel cylinder rubbers.  That was about all I have to do mechanically to get to where it is now. My plan is to replace the shocks and fix the rust and keep it as stock as possible, and I have to thank you all again for the amount of information you have on this site it has been great for me to look at solved problems and pictures of your cars as reference.  At the moment the right wheel cylinder seems to be leaking a tiny amount of fluid so I am thinking I need to either replace the cylinder or look for ways to have it fix, I was searching this site and I found out that those are hard to get so if someone has one cylinder available please let me know.  Buddy, thanks for the offer, I will make sure and let you know if I come to your area and share not only 411 info but I also have a 1967 RL411 and a 1970 roadster that I plan to work on next summer and please do the same if you are in the Fort Collins area.

Thanks again

Jose

are you in need of front or rear wheel cylinders?

I need the driver's side rear wheel cylinder I understand that it fits either right or left side and is 15/16".

Looks pretty clean! how is the rest of the interior?

The interior is 8 out of 10, mostly all original and clean, everything works (buttons, gages, etc) I will post some pics of the interior later today

are you sure its 15/16... im seeing 13/16 listed.... if its 13/16 you could buy a new 510 cylinder from auto zone and try the fitment, will need new flare nut since one is metric the other is sae, or buy the 510 one and use the internals to rebuild the 411 housing you have. the ebay listing ended due to all of them selling out. sorry

are you sure its 15/16... im seeing 13/16 listed.... if its 13/16 you could buy a new 510 cylinder from auto zone and try the fitment, will need new flare nut since one is metric the other is sae, or buy the 510 one and use the internals to rebuild the 411 housing you have. the ebay listing ended due to all of them selling out. sorry

No I am not sure about the size, but I will check that tomorrow, in the mean time I just ordered the 510 (only 12 bucks) it will arrive on Saturday so I can try it.

Thanks alot

Welcome Jose!  I hoped you would show up here!  I missed those 411's from Steve by 12hrs........you got there first!  I ended up with the two L320 trucks, but those are going to California this weekend. 

FYI there is a late 510 down here at Colorado Auto Parts in Englewood if you need anything. Looks like a complete but worn out car!  Also a 79-80 210 4 door with an automatic, at LKQ on Federal Blvd.

Welcome Jose!  I hoped you would show up here!  I missed those 411's from Steve by 12hrs........you got there first!  I ended up with the two L320 trucks, but those are going to California this weekend. 

FYI there is a late 510 down here at Colorado Auto Parts in Englewood if you need anything. Looks like a complete but worn out car!  Also a 79-80 210 4 door with an automatic, at LKQ on Federal Blvd.

Thanks for the info, I have never been CAO nor LKQ before so it will be a nice excuse to visit in the next couple of days. Those 320s looked very solid, hope you made some good money! Steve is a really nice guy, I just went to see him and took the PL with me since is up an running now, I am using it as my daily driver so that I can identify what needs to be done. The RL was running when I bought it so as soon as I get the PL done I will tackle the RL.

On a separate note, I have a 1979 210 wagon with a 5 speed tranny that I wanted to switch onto the PL411, does anyone knows if it will require a lot of work or special welding, mounts, etc? I have been searching on this site and can't find anything on it. I found info on swapping the 210 A14 into the PL411 but nothing on installing the 5speed transmission from the A14 in the 210 to the J13 engine on the Pl411

Thanks again