Just picked up a 67' 520 pickup.

GTFORZA

Hey guys, I'm new to Datsuns but I've been lusting after one ever since I rode in my friends 69' 521. I've owned all sorts of cars and even another truck. I've had a Mazda B2200 since I started driving, but since then I've owned anything from a 66' Beetle to a Honda S2000. Some  of my favorites have been the 66' Beetle, a 78 Toyota Corona wagon, an 03' Jetta tdi, and most recent excluding my Datsun, an 84' Jetta Turbo Diesed. The 520 was not a planned purchase. I was at the right place at the right time. I was driving home from work and in the corner of my eye I spotted this tiny flat black little Japanese truck. It had to be a 520/521, hilux, or early b-series pickup. The next day, when it was daytime, I went back to go inspect what I  saw. To my disbelief it was a quad headlight 520, in a terrible camo flat black rattle can job. Possibly my favorite of the 60's/70's Japanese trucks I knew it would be something I'd be interested in.. Barely visible in the windshield was a for sale sign. Little did I know I would soon own it.

I promptly saved the phone number written on the sign. The following day I called the owner. The guy already had a couple of offers so to say the least I pretty bummed. Fortunately for me the other folks were a little flakey. The following weekend I met up with him and made my mind up to purchase it. I figured it would be a good little truck. Nothing too crazy just a truck to get back and forth. I already decided i wanted to get rid of the crazy camo paint. Looking at it more I can't help but like the body lines more and more. It's now decided that white and lowered will be a definite. This won't be some crazy overly slammed truck. I want to feel comefortable taking it to work and back. As for feeling comefortable with it there a couple of things that need to be addressed before i put it through daily routine. First of all I need to fix the throttle cable I broke getting it started for the first time in three years. It just snapped off while I was actuating the carb by hand, but at least it started though. Second, is the lack of a thermostat. Third, is the speedo cable. Fourth for now is the lighting which is a little sketchy.

As for right now I'm going to bed, but tomorrow there will be some pics posted. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome and I must ask , what is stock color inside cabin  ? looks lt green or beige ,if stock color is cool you almost have to do base color stock , just my opinion .

The floor boards and door jams are white so I figured the bre scheme wouldn't be completely out of the ballpark.