1975 4X4? second datsun first 4x4 datsuns shall rise!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

So after hours and days of knuckle smashing in noze freezing weather(1) and Brand Spankin New parts(2) as stated below and a good washing inside and out underneath and above i officially have a running and driving datsun 620 4x4 dealer prep

2 tabs
2 insurance
2 front window
2 front window rubber seal
2 windshield wipers
2 new wiper motor
2 rubber foot pedal covers
1 removal of paper towels and leaves from heater
2 spark plugs
2 fuel filters
2 fuel pump
2 oil
2 oil filter
2 air filter
2 alternator
2 voltage regulator
2 2 electric fans and toggles
2 50 feet of wire
2 assorted wire connectors
2 carpet dash pad
2 volt gauge
2 water temp gauge
2 white face gauge covers
2 all light and dash led replacement enhancement
1 hours of dash wiring non sense
2 rims
2 tires
2 passenger mirror
2 front datsun emblem
2 seatbelts
2 seat cover
2 air fresheners
2 heater console and vent knob
2 both vent defrost tubes
1 radiator flush
2 radiator coolant
1 re wiring of harness from ignition to other end
1 re wiring of reverse lights
2 back up light switch
2 front seal
1 fuel tank flush
1 water pump fan clutch removal
2 rubber mud floor liners
2 seahawks liscense plate frame
2 gas cap
1 straightening of front lip
2 two bumper brackets
2 rubber fuel line replacemen
1 cleaning and removal of bees nests in door vents
1 dent removal of front left fender
1 cleaned all light bulbs and lense covers inside and out
2 glass fuses
1 re wired coil
1 cleaned all grounds up

• Like 1

Low Mfg. In Monrovia Ca. Did many of these conversions. I owned one with a3.8 v6 and th350. Did lots of mods finished if with 26 3/4 ground to lowest portion of the frame 37 inch monster tracs 4:27 gears Dana 30 and 44. Front springs were early willys and rear were Chevy 4x4 front springs. It had divorced trans case/3 drive shafts

Low Mfg. In Monrovia Ca. Did many of these conversions. I owned one with a3.8 v6 and th350. Did lots of mods finished if with 26 3/4 ground to lowest portion of the frame 37 inch monster tracs 4:27 gears Dana 30 and 44. Front springs were early willys and rear were Chevy 4x4 front springs. It had divorced trans case/3 drive shafts

That's what I remember too... I my dad (RIP) was going to buy one of their kits back in the mid-80's. Never heard of "dealer preps"

I picked my 4x4 620 up couple years ago and recently got another. They both have Dana 30 front and 20 transfer. But they way they were built (brackets, mounts, etc...) is completely different.

How much lift are you looking for?

If you do a body lift I would not recommend going over 2". The solid steering column will really become a hassle if you go bigger. You will need to address the fuel tank fill hoses and your brake lines and fuel lines will need to be looked at as well.

There are a few options suspension wise, but it really depends on how much you want to spend. The quickest way to get some lift would be some longer shackles. With enough money you could link it up and go with coil overs and put the truck at whatever altitude you want.

• Like 1

I'm not much of a fan of body lifts myself. Re-arched or custom leafs and longer shocks would be the way to go so you have the lift and suspension travel. You'll most likely have to have your drive lines lengthened with longer slip joints and depending on the amount of lift and u/joint angles, may need double cardan joints too, which are not cheap.

If you go with the longer shackles you may need some tapered shims that go between the axle and leafs to keep your pinion angles in check with the engine/trans.

I'm going link and coil-overs on my truck...

how much is link and coi over set up and wheere would i purchase these things and not i alone have the fab skills i dont know any 4x4 experts to help me

Thousands... Not something you would want to attempt without good fab skills, full shop and lots of time...

Why raise it so high? I would invest in some aggressive looking 32" tires and some nice wheels... I think it looks good the way it sits.

• Like 2

I'm not much of a fan of body lifts myself. Re-arched or custom leafs and longer shocks would be the way to go so you have the lift and suspension travel.

I agree. If my truck didn't have the 2" already, it wouldn't have ever have one. That said, it will make it much easier to clock my tcase up for a flatter belly when the time comes. :)

well i would love to make my truck about 6 inches higher , how much do you guys think would it take to put coil overs and links in my truck, do you guys even know a site i can get them from or a vehicle see its just weird i am confused

?

Do you plan to wheel this? 6" is a lot, are there lift blocks on your truck?

hey redeye with the green 4x4 i wasnt to put an sr20 in my 4x4 or a ka 24de but i dont know what tranny to use and which rear end to useand what drive line to use will it bolt to my rear end? what about transfer case how do i connect it to a ka24 or sr20?

For a  KA, you can use a 720 transmission from in front of a Z series motor. Everything else will stay the same.

To do an SR would require modifying everything else to use the SR trans

So he needs to source the KA from a truck to have the rear oil sump? Right? I've been out of the loop for quite some time with datsun/nissan engines myself. I assume that's what you mean by z series.

I think all SR's are front sump too???

I was also looking into a engine swap for mine, but steering linkage will be a issue for me with anything front sump.