PROJECT KA24 521!

NITRQ

Hey everyone just thought id come to share my project with everyone and give some insight and answer questions people may have on certian topics going to go through from day one i bought it to present day, Enjoy!

this is the only picture i had to go by when i bought it purchased off craigslist for 600 bucks! not to bad

IMG_4887.jpg

and what it looked like when it got delivered

IMG_4936.jpg

very first thing i did put a battery in it and test out electrical all the lights worked! surprise since it had been sitting for over 9years

IMG_4933.jpg

IMG_4934.jpg

and the engine it started with power starved L16 put a basic 32/36 weber and all electronic ignition and fired right up! (but did leak alot of oil) go figure

IMG_5120.jpg

next started body work and of course yellow high beams couldnt resist 

IMG_5053.jpg

IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5097.jpg

IMG_5099.jpg

body was mostly rust free but the bed 

IMG_5050.jpg

Next was paint wheels and dropping it

IMG_6220.jpg

IMG_6221.jpg

IMG_6219.jpg

IMG_6228.jpg

at this point i started driving it daily only a matter of time aaannnddd BOOM goes the radiator shortly followed by head gasket *sigh* rebuilt engine all new seals, 3 core alluminum radiator, water pump, etc. etc.

IMG_6711.jpg

little truck putted right along happily for months till my foot got power hungry and wanted moreeeee sooo KA24 it was

893827_739368226078985_964403535_o.jpg

IMG_7322-1.jpg

IMG_7330.jpg

IMG_7323.jpg

IMG_7325.jpg

IMG_7356.jpg

IMG_7350.jpg

and probally most common ill receive THE MOUNTS I USED WERE THE FACTORY KA24 240SX MOTOR MOUNT BRACKETS 

hope you enjoyed the pictures!

• Like 1
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work,but really on the mounts,you used the stock mounts on passenger and driver's side and it went right in with out a hitch.I am not saying your lieing but really.And i would put the brain under the seat not up in the engine bay and get a good fan to cool it.you will love the power 150hp on tap is night and fuckin day difference in these trucks.

You did swap in a 5 speed right,and if you did your truck got a L16 so your rear end should be a little higher then my 69 that had the 1300.

Also dont forget about brakes,get yours in all good working order or convert to front discs up front.Get with me later if you need help with some wilwoods or something a little less expensive.

All in all good job another 521 saved.

• Like 1

Hopefully z chopper will chime in on this thread but he is the one who told me to use the factory motor brackets and sure enough they worked! Can really say much else besides that it did take some wiggling and lifting it up and back down a few times but it went in there, and transmission is a 5speed and as far as the oil pan, nothing was done there to get it to clear just went right in, motor was out of a 95' 240sx, I thought the front sump pans didn't have any problems? Thought it was only the rear sump d22 pick-up KA's and as far as the paint go's it's not rattle can but it's not professionall either, I went to harbor freight bought a paint gun and two quarts of paint and that was the result, first time painting a whole truck, later on it will be professionally painted

• Like 1

In your pictures it looks like there is a gap/angle between the mount and the rubber. 

I would almost just cut hockey pucks to make up for that gap. 

That would sketch me out. 

What did you do for the trans mount?

I like how you did your whole build thread in 2 posts. 

:poke:

• Like 1

A hammer to expand the tunnel just a hair and a die grinder to move the shifter hole, I'll get some pictures later this week to show what was done

Seems to me, that my 620 mounts will work in the L series 521 with no mods to the firewall. How much clearance is there at the center link? Thanks, for all the info.

This is great!

Redeye didnt you ask about this some time ago?

Sure did, been trying to get a test fit done for a while now.  Finally got someone to test fit my mounts in a 720. :)

]2eDeye is the one that suggested it to me. No idea if single cammers will fit the same

Another member already figured out about the mounts.

http://community.rat...ean-out/page-15

To confuse the issue a bit more, datson4life used 3/4" spacers under his mounts. May be due to differences in the rubber isolators? He used a 720 trans though.