Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Between $1000.00 and $1500.00 now for a vintage 80's one. Those frames crack easily (so I'm told). 

BMX guys get really serious about them.

They broke when they were abused. They were race bikes. That's it. 

Not street or dirt jump bikes. Any abuse wreaked havoc on them. Any early bikes really. 

Dialed, smooth racers never saw a problem though. 

The benefit to the PK from early is that they were solid structure. No flexing when torqued. 

Lightweight. Predictable. Solid. You would not get the same feel from a frame back then with round tubes. 

You could feel round tube aluminium bikes flex when pedaling hard or pushing it through berms or bumps. 

• Like 1

They broke when they were abused. They were race bikes. That's it. 

Not street or dirt jump bikes. Any abuse wreaked havoc on them. Any early bikes really. 

Dialed, smooth racers never saw a problem though. 

The benefit to the PK from early is that they were solid structure. No flexing when torqued. 

Lightweight. Predictable. Solid. You would not get the same feel from a frame back then with round tubes. 

You could feel round tube aluminium bikes flex when pedaling hard or pushing it through berms or bumps. 

So they don't want any flex ?

Interrsting. Stiff is the way to go with racing. 

c0208163_1816227.jpg

Alloy moto flat tracker frame. Sonic Weld. Racing frame. 

I wonder if the same goes with datsun racers, no flex in frame,  faster. Super stiff shocks

Gotta go to work  :sick: ugg 

Othere than the truck,s Datsuns are monocoque bodies. Reasonably stiff but much lighter than with a frame. Certainly stiff enough for a family car. Four doors are 'stiffer' than a 2 door. For racing, a roll bar will add some ridgidity and some say the strut brace has an effect... most wouldn't know the difference or drive hard enough to know. 

Here is something on the total opposite end of things. I had a totally stock 1947 Willys flat fender Jeep that I would take camping with us to buzz around in. There was this road that had totally been washed out and was full of pretty large rocks. I put it in low range and just bumbled through it. Not effortlessly, but it was not too bad. When we got back, I started to fix up that Jeep, so I had the tub (body) off down to the frame. In my supreme genius, I thought that it would be a great time to totally box in that flimsy spaghetti frame. I worked many hours on it getting a nice job done of it. Fast forward to the next camping trip at the same place. I may as well of tried to go down the same road in an Oldsmobile. When one tire would go up on a rock, the other would go in the air and spin, Before it would just twist and the tire would stay in contact with the ground. It made it almost worthless. I 'fixed' this by throwing money at it in the form of lockers, fancy springs and so on. It was a lame move on that.

You see smoke, a stiff frame isn't the problem there, it was stiff suspension, my scouts have boxed frames but the suspension is super flexy so the tires stay in contact with the ground. But I k ow what your talking about with the flat fender, they didn't weigh enough to get the springs really flexing so the frame did all the twisting

its been ther for like 2 weeks now I since it came I haven't noticed any other insects but last week I did start to notice a few holes in the leaves but I couldn't tell what it was. at first I thought it was a praying mantis but now its getting bigger n can actually see what it is