Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's no cure for this except time. Avoid movement that causes pain, rest, cold compresses 10 min. on ten min off, your favorite analgesic, sleep with pillow between knees. If just torn back muscle this will be somewhat better in a week, noticeably better in 10 days. If pinched/herniated disc this can last for more than a month before you can walk freely. To reduce chances of doing this again strengthen core abdominal muscles. Learn to sit and stand straight, never slouch when sitting. Your back will get stronger, and get used to this. Use a lumbar support when sitting is unavoidable... like driving

Your favorite anal what?....

• Like 2

Sounds like a pinched nerve. I hope so. Herniated discs are no fun.

There's no cure for this except time. Avoid movement that causes pain, rest, cold compresses 10 min. on ten min off, your favorite analgesic, sleep with pillow between knees. If just torn back muscle this will be somewhat better in a week, noticeably better in 10 days. If pinched/herniated disc this can last for more than a month before you can walk freely. To reduce chances of doing this again strengthen core abdominal muscles. Learn to sit and stand straight, never slouch when sitting. Your back will get stronger, and get used to this. Use a lumbar support when sitting is unavoidable... like driving

Great advice Mike, spot no. I had a discectomy in my early thirties after a motorcycle accident. I had to walk like a cripple for two fucking years before my POS insurance company decided the procedure was necessary. I was left with numbness in my foot and some paralyses. Not something you want to mess with, if you feel any numbness or tingling in your leg or foot get your ass to a Dr. ASAP. 

So after i reported it to the boss, they gave me a number to call to report it to a registered nurse and she told me to wait it out for atleast 3 days. If still hurting after then they will send me in to get check out.. Thought it was a bit odd but ok. not even a drug test.

And thanks for the advice guys.

The boss isn't on your side. After 3 days you may not be 'eligible' for compensation.... w/e. If there is any paperwork get it filled out now. It could be serious, maybe not, but it won't look serious if you waited three days. 

3 days doesn't matter for work comp, at least not in California. I filed a claim for my back a couple months after the major incident. The paper trail started the first time I went in, they didnt seem to care that I said it happened earlier.

I bulged my L4/L5 disc. That combined with a congenitally narrow spinal canal lead to a pinched nerve. I had paralysis in my lower left leg - couldn't stand on my heel or curl my toes on my left foot, and pain radiating down the leg. Two MRIs later and spinal decompression surgery (think dremal around the spinal cord), the paralysis was relieved but I still have moderate pain, especially when I first wake up. Good times.

I just find that after any sitting or sleeping it's hard to just get up and go. Stretching just loosens the muscles and allow easier movement. I don't run and jump around like when I was younger and the muscles shorten. They need to be stretched past where you normally move them to keep them 'loose'. Probably not explaining it very well but stretching works over time so try it for a few months to allow the muscles to loosen up. One day you'll notice that you're more comfortable. 

Ill definitely start stretching. It make a lot of sense, especially considering the incident happened about an hour into my work day. I jst tried to wait it out hoping the pain would go away. But the good thing is that my back is not hurting nearly as much as it did yesterday

Ill definitely start stretching. It make a lot of sense, especially considering the incident happened about an hour into my work day. I jst tried to wait it out hoping the pain would go away. But the good thing is that my back is not hurting nearly as much as it did yesterday

Go easy at first. Lay in bed and roll around. Lift knees to tummy and hold. Past this I wouldn't want to recommend anything else... I'm no Dr.

• Like 1