The B in B210 stands for black hole

ericsb210

Just when I thought I had reached escape velosity The event horizon of the B210 sucked me back in.

Any how, here it is;

2013-09-16104851.jpg

2013-09-16104812.jpg

2013-09-16104754.jpg

2013-09-16105019.jpg

2013-09-16104917.jpg

2013-09-16104940.jpg

2013-09-16104834.jpg

Presents for the B210 I found over the last couple of days

2013-09-16105041.jpg

2013-09-16105139.jpg

Good news;

It only needed a starter to run again. Factory tach, am/fm radio and dual mirrors.

Other than the drivers seat the intererior is pretty clean. The engine is in excellent shape.

Okay news;

The carburetor is shot, thus the Weber you see in the pic above. As stated it needed a starter. The only broken componet in the interior was the dome lamp and that has been purchased also. The one missing componet is the fuse box cover (if you have one PM me). The drivers seat is torn and broken down (if you have a nice black drivers seat PM me). The passenger side tail light is busted (if you have one PM me). Last but not least the 5spd shift knob is missing the illustration of the shift pattern (again, if you have the button that pops in the shift knob or the entire shift knob PM me)

Bad news;

The tranny whines in all gears except 4rth. I replaced the fluid (GL4, 85w-90) in both the tranny and diff. No love it still whines, just not as loud.  It looks like the tranny is going to need to be opened up and have a few bearings freshened up.(If you are familiar with this procedure and live near Olympia give me a PM, I need to find some one to do the job).

The rust issues;

The lower corners on either side of the rear tires have a little rust through. Very little rust through in the spare tire tub. 1/4 of the battery tray has succomb.

But worst of all the drivers side frame rail (directly under the seats) has rust through, I thought it was odd that the passenger side rail has no rust issues but the drivers side has multiple points of rust through.

2013-09-16123558.jpg

Fun stuff;

I already found a 32/36 Weber with the A14 adapter, a dome lamp, Wheels (American Racing Spectres). A new set of brake pads and shoes that will be installed as the wheels are installed.

I am looking to restore this one to the point of being mechanically sound and safe to be driven. I don't think I  will be doing any improvements to the exterior.

Updates will be coming

• Like 1
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird question but do you live by the lake?  You should keep your eye on events section and if you see a south sound event type thing ,,, you really should come by,, or better yet caravan/cruise with us.. Most of us are older guys not young ricer punks.,, well that ass JRock is but we take him for what he is.. :lol:

is it a 5speed ??

• Like 1

...is it a 5speed ??

2013-09-16104851.jpg

Good question. It's at least a '77 as I had a '76 and they changed the parking lights at the front for '77. Only the coupe got the 5 speed and on the B-210 it was pretty much the same dogleg as the '77-'79 200sx. Car may have been painted because the emblems are missing. Should say DATSUNB210 through '77 on sides changing to DATSUNB210GX for '78 .On the rear right of the hatch above the tail lights should say...

DATSUN

B210. Through '77 changing to...

DATSUN

B210GX for '78

AUTOMATIC or 5SPEED emblems same location on the left side. 4 seed gets nothing.

The 5 speed was available from April '76 so it would seem a few months before the start of the '77 model year around July when they were still called a Datsun B-210. In August '77 (start of the '78 model year) they became Datsun B210GX. Weather the 5 speed was standard on the GX or an option, I don't know... probably an option. I really miss ggzilla. He'd straighten me out on this.

I did buy it from the Salem craigslist.

It is a 5 speed from the factory. I even have the original purchase order.

It looks as if the tail light and the B210 GX emblem were part of a minor fender bender. The holes for both of the emblems that belong on the tail section are there just the emblems are missing. But it does have the GX emblems on the sides.

Ya "B210GX" I need the whole assembly. Please

PS; I have 4 B210 hub caps for whom ever may wish. I will also have the Hitachi carb and all of the smog items to go with it for whom ever may wish.  These items are free but I do not wish to pay for shipping. Shipping would be from 98512

I was hoping the repair wouldn't be to difficult on the tranny. My problem is I live in an RV Park and they frown on me pulling trannies out of my cars. That is why I was hoping I could find a local Ratsuner that wouldn't mind a few bucks.  I hate to see what a transmission shop would charge.

On another note the window sticker shows the 5 spd as a $100 option.

I installed the rims this evening and had bought pads and shoes to install. Much to my surpise the rotors, drums and all hardware were new. The rear brakes had not been adjusted out to mate properly with the drum. I ended up replacing the front shoes and adjusting out the rear shoes and walla stops with minimal effort and now the E brake works.

As soon as I have access to a camera I will post picks of the wheels installed, yes they do look sweet!

• Like 1

Some one sent me a private message but as soon as I clicked on the 1 on the upper right hand envelope the message dissapeared so with that in mind please just respond on this forum.

Thanks

You should be able to click the little envelope and see a list of your private messages. You can also click on your name up there and use the personal messages link to get to your PM list. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am still around, haven't been able to work on the "B"...but I have been gathering parts for when my strength returns.

Picked up a European style rear bumper, a side of black leather (I plan on reupholstering the dash pad, steering wheel, shift boots and front buckets), an 81 210 mpg head, a3.545 rear diff, a 5spd tranny (going to swap it in and then rebuild the original one) and a few other lesser items. I also plan on buying a 75 Toyota Hilux front bumper (way cheaper) for the front (looks amazingly like the original), two lock collars to lower the front spring seat about 3". I am hoping to find some Datsun driving lights to mount in the grill in place of the turn signal lights. Well I jave a lot of plans for it we will have to see what all gets done.