Is it feeling a little chilly?

H-165B 3.364 ratio differential with coil spring and four link suspension so lots to improve on there as there are 3.90 ratios available.

Four or optional five speed available, both were closer ratio than the L20B equipped A10s. 200mm clutch.

'80 and on US cars got the Z20S NAPS motor (Canada kept the L20B for one more year) it should have the 4 plug head and EI dizzy similar to the L20B EI if an '80. '81 should have the two plug heads.

Wagon. Leaf spring live axle.

This is a 1980, so it is the Z20. But hooked up to an automatic. 3 speed, maybe?

Yes. Matchbox dizzy. Only 4 spark plugs.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so  it goes like this,   so in my life .....  ihave made some choices....some good some bad.........oh wait hory sheet ... u got a datto .......nice i wondered what banner was doin road tripping...congrats

I can smell the gear oil burning over here.

Thanks, J. You sounded confused for a second.

Wagon. Leaf spring live axle.

This is a 1980, so it is the Z20. But hooked up to an automatic. 3 speed, maybe?

Fuck ya!  :blush:  Goon leaf spring so easy to lower with blocks. 3N71B auto, yup. I would start looking for a 3.90 diff that will wake it up. (the '74 710 automatics had a 4.11)

I hit both Spokane P&Ss today. No A10s. The closest thing was an '80 200SX, pretty complete except the dizzy is gone. There may be some mechanical parts that are the same as an A10. I forgot to look at the rear brakes. I thought some of the S110 200SXs had rear discs on a solid axle. That SX has been at P&S for awhile now. It is probably near meeting the crusher soon.

I scored another Elephant oil cap (hard to resist them) and a factory tach from a '73 620. Have an idea of hacking the tach into my '72 510, but I don't recall reading much about this being done, so maybe there is a reason it won't work. I had to sweet talk a family of yellow jackets living in the door jamb to leave me alone and they did. The last time I got stung I swelled up a lot, so I wonder what will happen the next time one gets me. I guess going into shock from a yellow jacket sting and dying in a Datsun at Pull n Save would be a novel way to go.  :lol:  Might even make the local news.

Len

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

When we(RedBanner and I) made plans to go get this thing it was always with the impression that I wasn't going to buy it. I really was just there to help get it closer to his home. After seeing it(I have never seen an A10 in person, only in pictures) and driving it-I wasn't going to let it go.

Banner stopped by on his way back to Vancouver.

We were swapping the wheels out. He was taking the turbines from this car and I was getting the white-walled steelies he drove here on.

As we were swapping the wheels out I told him I'm taking it. Make the Bill Of Sale. It found a home.

As she sits now with her new shoes.

DSC04444_zps5f214133.jpg

DSC04443_zps725cc82d.jpg

And here she is after a little razor blade action.

DSC04441_zps0c1dd886.jpg

Couldn't get that damned pirate sticker off. Need something a little more caustic from work.

Hit the road. Leaving Hell's Canyon.

No problems. Things were smooth.
I was ripping up the mountain at about 65-70.
I actually passed 5 cars up the hill. How?

Wife texts me as I'm driving away. Tells me that it was raining at home.
Hm. Not a big deal. Bright, blue skies. Not a cloud in sight.

Get up over the pass-there it is. Huge, gray cloud heading East.
No biggie. It's no where near me.

Get cruising along a little ways and I start getting spots.
Hit the wiper switch. Nothing. Hit it again. Nothing.
Please dear God-Let the rain miss me.
Rain stops.

Get on a little ways further-light sprinkle.
Hit the switch-YAY! But the wipers only run in one speed-Super slow.
Wiper blades are worn to shit too. Stops raining.

Little ways further-more sprinkling. Turn wipers on.
They make a few passes until the driver's wiper flies off the windscreen and gets stuck in the mirror.
FUUUUCK! I turn the wipers off and fight the wind to get the wiper back on the glass.

Didn't hit anymore rain after that. But this is how my wiper sits as of now.
DSC04445_zpsee0d8e9a.jpg

Haven't looked at it too hard but can't really see a way into the wiper linkage. I'll have all day to mess with it tomorrow.

DSC04445_zpsee0d8e9a.jpg

Either the nut is loose or the spline on the pivot below it is stripped.

I have all day to myself tomorrow.

Should get a fair amount figured out.

Already have things to post-just want to get pictures of it.

Been reading things and going out with my fleshlight flashlight to do small inspections/fixes.

I think the fenders need to come off to get under the cowl.

I see no visible bolts.

My 200SX ("newest" of my herd) is out at the farm, so don't know how the wiper linkage is accessed on it. But I looked at the F10, and the linkage is up under the dash, not under the cowl like the '72 510. If yours is under the dash, that may not be a good thing since you have AC with extra goodies cluttering the under-dash area. Wiper linkage may be the first thing assembled - blocked up in the air and the rest of the Datsun is built around it!

Len

My 200SX ("newest" of my herd) is out at the farm, so don't know how the wiper linkage is accessed on it. But I looked at the F10, and the linkage is up under the dash, not under the cowl like the '72 510. If yours is under the dash, that may not be a good thing since you have AC with extra goodies cluttering the under-dash area. Wiper linkage may be the first thing assembled - blocked up in the air and the rest of the Datsun is built around it!

Len

FML if that is the case. Going to go poke around to see in a minute.

DSC04474_zps049f9f50.jpg

Is that a kill switch?
Why yes-it sure is.

But why?
When we went to pick up the car-the owner said there was a short somewhere in the tail lights that was draining the battery.
Well-on my way home, I stopped to get something to drink and left the car running.
As I came back out to the car I saw that the brake lights were on. Argh!

So as I was looking the car over yesterday, I found this on the driver's floor...
62487D3C-orig_zps17abab79.jpg

Sure as shit! That's the plug to close the stop lamp switch.
Found me an Oregon quarter and super glued it in last night.

Just went out to check if the brake lights were off with power on.
Yay me!

The one tool I didn't bring home from work was my multimeter.
I'm sure there are more electrical ghosts I need to flush out.
So for now, the kill switch stays. Not daring enough to leave the power on to test if that was the draw.
All in due time.

Next will be to replace the starter with a known good one.

To remove the cowl unbolt and remove wiper arms and raise hood. At the front of the cown in the pinch area wher the hood closes is a rubber weather strip. Remove the screws holding it and any others to the side (if any) and the cowl should lift up at the front and pull forward.

Not sure how the back is clipped in under the windshield.

• Like 1