Side Markers on New 510 Fenders, Yes or No

Dime Dave

33 members have voted

1. 1. If you were buying new steel fenders for your 510 which style of fender would you be most likely to buy?

• Fenders with openings for US side markers / badges (70-73 rectangular markers)
    • Fenders with openings for AU/JDM "Arrow" side markers (not the US '68-'69 style)
    • Fenders with no side marker openings or badge preparation

FutoFab is close to making its first order on new steel 510 fenders.

These can be purchased with openings for side markers/badges or without.

I want to get a feel for the style preffered by potential buyers, so I thought I'd ask the question.

If you were purchasing new steel fenders for your 510 which of the following style would you buy?

1 - Prepared for US side markers and badges ('70-'73 rectangular markers)

2 - Prepared for AU/JDM "arrow" style side markers/badges (not the smaller US 68-69 style)

3 - No side marker openings or badge pin preparation.

Please post your preferences.

The latest production schedule has fenders/hoods coming sometime in November/December.

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for no side markers. But to add to that.. a good idea might be to simply etch or outline where those markers are located so that it's easy for the buyer to cut the needed holes themselves by simply following the template marked on the fender. And for those who don't want them.. skim coat them with filler (if there are impressions in the metal where the light templates would be) and go about your day BREAKING THE LAW... lulz.

I actually prefer the 68/69 markers myself.

• Like 1

There is a precident for no markers.  Late Nissan front fender replacements for the 410 / 411 came "naked", you spotted your markers if you had or wanted them and cut away.  It reduced the number of spare fender configuration in storage for a low US production vehicle run.