What size wink mirror, mounting kit?

Curious what size wink mirror people are getting and if they are using a mounting kit or making something. I've seen several on here but nobody says size or how it was mounted. I tried searching google and on ratsun but no dice. Maybe I'm not using the right search terms?

Anyone who has done it, hook me up with some info :)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the 2 mirror on the left lines up with the middle of your steering wheel. A true wink mirror has 5 mirrors i believe. they sell repros and golf cart ones that have 4. either doesn't really matter. it drill in to the same patch of metal that the sun visors and rear view mirror are drilled.

the 2 mirror on the left lines up with the middle of your steering wheel. A true wink mirror has 5 mirrors i believe. they sell repros and golf cart ones that have 4. either doesn't really matter. it drill in to the same patch of metal that the sun visors and rear view mirror are drilled.

They were originally made for golf carts......

for people that didn`t think there was enough sharp objects at forhead level to scalp you in a wreck.

The car will end up with a cage, racing seats and harnesses. Probably won't be able to get my head anywhere near that even if I tried. I'm only 5'10" 

Thanks for the help guys!

if you are going to have a cage installed, i saw a cage w/ wink mirror mounting flanges welded to the roll cage that positioned the mirror forward and close to the windshield.  it looked pretty trick and was a better mounting solution than the cheap plastic brackets they sell as a mounting kit.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the 5 mirror and love it. I used the stock metal l brackets it came with and used the mounting holes for my removed sun visors. They make special billet rollbar clamps for them (look in the summit catalog). I will be adding a third middle bracket to help reduce the vibration of it. Being almost four feet wide they have a tendency to wobble when bumps are hit. Good place for stickers as well.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I was hoping I could find a picture for you to explain this.  On my wagon I took a crappy set of visors and pulled the fabric off the arms. Made some new mounts that attach to the mirror and slid the mirror over the visor arms. Decide where you want it to stay and mark the visor arms with a sharpy. Now you can cut them off and weld on a bolt of your liking to attach the mirror. If you use shouldered nuts with the little ribs it will help hold the mirror in position. 

Good luck

Jes