running 15x7 +0 all around on a sedan

I should add, that after researching for wheel fitment for DatMo.... I'm now second guessing holding off buying wheels...  I thought I liked 14's but now I'm thinking 15's look nice, and I'm about to set up my ride height, so I'm wondering what do I set up my ride height for?

Thanks alot DatMo!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a ton klassic. You've been more than helpful.

I know you said that +25 may work but I know that zx struts put the rim out half an inch and i know you said no one's complaining about rubber but will that still be okay to run normal sized tires on?

I'm alright with waiting for some used 6 inches but if I'm able to run the 15x8 +25 all around. i could buy em new.

But i think that wouldn't work because that extra inch really takes an affect.

I have some 275 lbs springs so im assuming that they're stiff enough to work with what i desire.

and i do want to just sit right above the tire. as posted. but still don't wanna stretch tires for a dd.

I'm pretty sleep so im trying to comprehend it well.

read it like four times. lol.

I guess i'll wait for a cheap set of enkei's to come up that are 14x6 or more hopefully 15x6.

i just really want that ride height of the white 510 i posted.

I know that zx struts put the rim out half an inch

They actually bring the wheel in .75in on each side compared to stock 510 struts. 

I'm able to run the 15x8 +25 all around.

Is this a typo?

Were you about to look up what all the measurements are on wheels? If so, you would see why Im asking if thats a typo. 

• Like 1

They actually bring the wheel in .75in on each side compared to stock 510 struts. 

I was going to correct him on that too.  But I did not know by how much.  Thanks for that info, I will run with those numbers myself.

I edited my above chart of dimensions based off that .75" number

• Like 2

15x7 +18 with a 205/50-15 works on the rear of a 510. If you add an 8mm spacer up front it will clear the 280ZX strut.

Depending on camber settings and ride height you may need to roll the fender lips.

205/50-15 Dunlops on a 15x7 +18 VTO Lemans

P1010515.JPG

P1010508.JPG

Keep in mind that wheel width is measured on the INSIDE of the bead seat.  A 7" wheel is going to be roughly 8" wide overall. 

A 7" wide +0 offset wheel will therefore have 4" of backspacing.  7" with a +25 offset will have 5" backspacing.

A 510 can handle about 5" of backspacing in the rear before control arm mods need to happen.

15x7 +18 with a 205/50-15 works on the rear of a 510. If you add an 8mm spacer up front it will clear the 280ZX strut.

Depending on camber settings and ride height you may need to roll the fender lips.

205/50-15 Dunlops on a 15x7 +18 VTO Lemans

P1010515.JPG

P1010508.JPG

Dave, do you have full car pictures of how those lemans look on a 510? 

thanks.

now that klassic updated that chart, alot more makes sense.

and i did have a typo. i meant 15x7 but otherwise im a bit confused. 

I didnt see anything about the older enkeis having anything like that offset sadly

and im aware that i have to foll my fenders. I was planning to anyways.

15x7 with 0 offset will fit fine in the rear of a 2 door... not a 4 door though.  I run 15x7 +36 or +38 mm offset with 205-50-15s.  1.5 degrees of rear camber.  I can fit a 5-10mm spacer that's about it.  280zx struts up front with like, 3/4" spacers.

i've realized that now. too bad i like four doors more. 

1.5 degrees is almost nothing from what i know and shouldn't have any problems with that. 

you said you could put a spacer. have you not and you have that ride height? 

im assuming up front you have a 3/4th spacer.

if you saw the picture above, i want something close to what you have,

well im going to pick up/see a set of enkei 92 15x7 +38 this saturday.

i hope they work out and im definite that i want them.

I just hope they don't camber.

i read that .75 degree of camber eats the tires away.

so ill see if i can run less to no camber at all. i hope.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+38 ????????????????thats like front wheel drive wheels

youll need thick spacers and swap the studs out for Longer ones.

is it worth all that work than just to buy set +12 thru +15 offset 15x7 wheels

This.

DatMo, I dont know why you havent looked up the measurements like Ive suggested. All this would make 1000x more sense to you if you knew what the fuck you were looking at when you shopped for wheels.

15x7 with 0 offset will fit fine in the rear of a 2 door... not a 4 door though.  I run 15x7 +36 or +38 mm offset with 205-50-15s.  1.5 degrees of rear camber.  I can fit a 5-10mm spacer that's about it.  280zx struts up front with like, 3/4" spacers.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+38 ????????????????thats like front wheel drive wheels

youll need thick spacers and swap the studs out for Longer ones.

is it worth all that work than just to buy set +12 thru +15 offset 15x7 wheels

This.

DatMo, I dont know why you havent looked up the measurements like Ive suggested. All this would make 1000x more sense to you if you knew what the fuck you were looking at when you shopped for wheels.

In DatMo's defense, that is what Uber Deaf One just recomended.....

I don't think DatMo understands what negative camber is exactly, why it happens, or what it takes to correct it.  Or what it take to run spacers on the wheel hubs.

I don't think DatMo understands what negative camber is exactly, why it happens, or what it takes to correct it. Or what it take to run spacers on the wheel hubs.

Yeah and with .75in spacers... Hainz and I didn't say it won't physically work. It's just crazy to do large spacers and extended wheels studs just to fit Enkeis. Why not buy rims that fit properly.

You CANNOT fit those rims without spacers so that adds to the price of wheels as well as you lose .75in of threads on your studs so extended versions would be a lot safer. Those add to the price of the wheels.

Having nicer wheels aren't the most important aspect of the car where you have to buy the first set that comes along.

IMHO I'd wait for a set that you like and which takes the least amount of work and disadvantages to install.

I don't think DatMo understands what negative camber is exactly, why it happens, or what it takes to correct it.  Or what it take to run spacers on the wheel hubs.

That is not what I recommended... that's just what I'm running right now.  There's no way I could fit +12mm offset wheels in the rear of my 4 door.  Maybe if I raised it an inch or ran narrower tires...

And there's nothing wrong with spacers as long as you don't get cheap pos cast spacers.  I still have plenty of thread for the lugnuts as well.

I run 15x7 0's on wagon and they fit fine... I did do a lot of work to the rear fender (ie remove door bump) too make them fit after going low though ;)

Im also pretty sure that because of the rear axle wagons fit different offsets in the rear.

Docsis. you've got a two door.

I wasn't aware or ha thought that i had to run the spacer if i ran +38 and all that.

I looked at the wheel page klassic gave me and realized i would.

I have a way better understanding and know why the camber occurs when you lower the car but no, i'm not aware how to fix it.

luckily i found a solution to my problems.

Dawa got me a set of 14x6 +6.

After doing more research, that should fit fine.

With the 280zx struts in the front and stock in the rear.

I'll still be able to lower the car and ill have room for normal sized tires as well.

They're 14in which means just big enough to fit on zx struts because i know 13's do not.

Sorry for the frustration. i've got real problems understanding. more of a trial and eror guy but dont have a set of rims to try and what not.

and tristin, you're right, wheels are what's important about a car.

I don't even think looks are in general.

but i just have summer to do my entire suspension before school starts and i daily it.

so why not get exactly what i want done and finish it all at once. then I'll never have to mess with it again probably.

I have a way better understanding and know why the camber occurs when you lower the car but no, i'm not aware how to fix it.

luckily i found a solution to my problems.

Dawa got me a set of 14x6 +6.

After doing more research, that should fit fine.

With the 280zx struts in the front and stock in the rear.

I'll still be able to lower the car and ill have room for normal sized tires as well.

They're 14in which means just big enough to fit on zx struts because i know 13's do not.

First off, the 280zx came with 14x6, so yeah you will be fine.

When you lower your car, at some point, you start to get a lot of the negative camber.  In order to correct this, up front you have to get "adjustable camber plates".  In the rear, you have to either slot the trailing arm bolt holes, or weld on some new mounts.  Search for threads on how to lower your car, and you will find plenty of info.  Here are some examples:

Front:

https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/510/camber-plates-datsun-510

Rear:  (Dime Dave who has already chimed in here, is your Futofab guy.  Great guy, with quality parts.  Check out his website while your there. In my opinion, his alternator bracket is a must.)

http://www.futofab.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=78:datsun-510-rear-cambertoe-adjusters&catid=22:datsun-510-suspension&Itemid=22

First off, the 280zx came with 14x6, so yeah you will be fine.

When you lower your car, at some point, you start to get a lot of the negative camber.  In order to correct this, up front you have to get "adjustable camber plates".  In the rear, you have to either slot the trailing arm bolt holes, or weld on some new mounts.  Search for threads on how to lower your car, and you will find plenty of info.  Here are some examples:

Rear:  (Dime Dave who has already chimed in here, is your Futofab guy.  Great guy, with quality parts.  Check out his website while your there. In my opinion, his alternator bracket is a must.)

http://www.futofab.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=78:datsun-510-rear-cambertoe-adjusters&catid=22:datsun-510-suspension&Itemid=22

my front is fine and in fact, i already have t3 plates. i just didnt know how to recover in the rear.

I'll see what I'll need in order to fix the camber if there's a great issue in the rear after i purchase these wheels.

I don't think $280 is worth it if nothings wrong

I'll post the rims once they've been officially purchased.

Thanks a ton.