running 15x7 +0 all around on a sedan

so, i was gonna buy some enkei 92's and from what i heard, they dont fit on rear sedans nicely.

has anyone done this or can provide pics.

I'm aware i have to run stretched tires and roll the fenders.

i was hoping to get some 15x7 +0 offset and what i remember seeing on my search was 185/60 tires.

thanks in advance.

coilovers all around and 280zx struts in front. stock rear

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have experience with 15x7, but from my research, you need +10 offset to run 7" wide without protruding the wheel wells.  +10 is close to .5"(+.12 is ideal, but I haven't see that size).  I've read that you want to run as close to 4" back spacing as possible.  Obviously 0 offset would be 3.5" back spacing, and +10 puts you close to 4".  185/60 is good for 14" wheels.  I think you need a 50 series tire for 15".....

That's just what I know.

I don't have experience with 15x7, but from my research, you need +10 offset to run 7" wide without protruding the wheel wells.  +10 is close to .5"(+.12 is ideal, but I haven't see that size).  I've read that you want to run as close to 4" back spacing as possible.  Obviously 0 offset would be 3.5" back spacing, and +10 puts you close to 4".  185/60 is good for 14" wheels.  I think you need a 50 series tire for 15".....

That's just what I know.

i've heard that people run 5mm spacers but not too well into it. (but logically speaking, that would make the wheel come out more from what I think of)

would this be good for the back?

I know the back needs +10 or around there but idealy +12 like you said.

im running 280zx in the front so i've heard that runs perfectly with rolled fenders and stretched tires in the front.

I don't think it'll be too bad running 50's.

but then again, i'm not too well with tires.

im not trying to slam either. 

thanks. 

Now that you mention it, the 280zx front hubs are inset more than stock... I forgot about that.  I don't remember how many mm difference it is..... The problem is that the front track is wider than the rear to begin with.  You might be perfect at +10, but you might be able to get away with 0 and stretching the tires.  Personally, I'm not a fan of tire stretching.... Looks funny to me.... Come to think of it, I think I remember you can run 0 in the rear.  Maybe you can run 0 up front with 280zx front struts?

Hopefully someone else that has tried this will pipe up and post some pics....

Idk how to change the topic title.

Now that you mention it, the 280zx front hubs are inset more than stock... I forgot about that.  I don't remember how many mm difference it is..... The problem is that the front track is wider than the rear to begin with.  You might be perfect at +10, but you might be able to get away with 0 and stretching the tires.  Personally, I'm not a fan of tire stretching.... Looks funny to me.... Come to think of it, I think I remember you can run 0 in the rear.  Maybe you can run 0 up front with 280zx front struts?

Hopefully someone else that has tried this will pipe up and post some pics....

I'm hoping that I'll be able to.

I don't mind stretched tires at all. i prefer my dream wheels on than that.

from what I've read 0 up front with zx struts fit perfect.

It's more so the rear I'm worried about.

I'm not going super low. I just want a lower meaner look if you could understand.

Thanks for the help. 

Oh I understand.  I'm getting ready to lower mine to the "right look". 

You've got more room under the rear.  You should be fine with 0 offset.

To change your title:

Go to edit under your first post.

Then at the bottom, go to "Use Full Editor"

• Like 1

Oh I understand.  I'm getting ready to lower mine to the "right look". 

You've got more room under the rear.  You should be fine with 0 offset.

To change your title:

Go to edit under your first post.

Then at the bottom, go to "Use Full Editor"

Thanks. well I guess i won't be needing to change my title.

You've already answered my question that I should be fine at 0 offset all around and stretched tires.

Thanks.

one thing to note is if you have a zero offset up front and a +12 or =15 in back it might not look right as youll have a deeper dish wheel up front.

Most like a deeper dish in rear than in front to mak it look RIGHT

Don't forget he said he is running 280zx front struts, so they are already inset more than stock.  We were talking about running 0 offset front and rear.  So no difference in dish.

Thanks. well I guess i won't be needing to change my title.

You've already answered my question that I should be fine at 0 offset all around and stretched tires.

Thanks.

I would still change your title and get some extra input.  My knowledge is just based on research.  It would be nice to get some input from guys that have actually put them on and run 0 offset.

• Like 1

Maybe that came off a little prickish, but I see you say that all the time in your posts yet you still ask. Either you didnt read it and want to make it sound like youve done research or you need to start trusting the posts that are online. If you see people doing the exact thing youre trying to do, Im sure it will work just fine for you too.

I have an 8J +12 in the rear which has the same amount of dish youre trying to run. You will not be able to camber correct and will have to run a small tire. There is no real room because you cant pull the rear on a 4dr. like you can on a 2dr.

Well the thing is I had done searches and found that some people said it was excellent.

others have written that it's not and one of the guys I was going to check out was selling them because he said they didn't fit.

Because of this, i wasn't sure which is true. These are usually the questions that come up and I'm not able to actually test fit or try on my own.

What does tristin mean by not camber correctly?

I'm trying to find a tire shop that will stretch tires and I'll have to roll my fenders surely.

I was planning on 185/50 for tires?

Thanks for the help.

Was gonna go check out some rims but then my father said i have to pay rent to live at home and I'm not even 18 yet. lol

I hope i can go by next week.The rims are as I described. 15x7 +0 enkei's.

You will not be able to adjust for camber with this setup. So when you lower an IRS car you naturally get negative camber. With wider and negative offset wheels its helps tuck them into the wheel wells. Its not the best for driving geometry and most do not like the look of the angled wheels. So to correct the camber back to the stock near zero degrees people install Byrons Brackets, they slot their rear crossmember, or they buy an adjustable rear crossmember. 

Because the wheels are going to be so close to the fender (ever with a roll) you will need the negative camber so the tires dont rub. Theres no way for you to correct the camber back to the proper alignment.

What does that mean to you? Well, you will have to deal with inward angled wheels. You wont have the proper IRS geometry. Some tire/mechanics will not touch a lowered car for alignments if they can not adjust rear camber. Places wont put their name on a job where the wheels are negative like that because they feel its unsafe. 

If you can live with all that, then youre good to go. 15x7 +0 will physically fit on the car. 

Does anyone have pictures of a sedan running 15x7 all around.

I want to see the camber that tristins speaking of.

now that i think of it, most of the guys that i was reading off  that were running 15x7's were two doors which makes it understandable as to why they were able fit.

I don't plan to have camber or hope not to at lease because it looks horrific and it's not the look im going for.

I was looking for this ride height on my sedan.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeWyNXk4YmB2hnn9swP9IUtL9i-tSebguE5x96uwE8lAx8Jg5Eyg

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRk18HTr_25v2fuJ7GgLmjJ4KK4T_ekul9ax6K6OUVaVUu3Nm-LgA

I have an 8J +12 in the rear which has the same amount of dish youre trying to run. You will not be able to camber correct and will have to run a small tire. There is no real room because you cant pull the rear on a 4dr. like you can on a 2dr.

Tristin, can you elaborate on that?  Are you saying the wheel wells are different from a 4dr to a 2dr?  What do you mean "pull" the rear?

By sedan, do you mean 4dr?  There are 2dr and 4dr sedans, then you have the Bluebird coupe, and the Goon.

yeah im aware. sorry forgot to add the four door.

And from my knowledge, four doors have rears that are something like double layered inside which won't allow the 15x7 +0 to work as smoothly as it would on a 2dr.

Interesting, I've not heard that before. 

That's why 15x7 +0 works fine on two doors but then has trouble and has to camber on rear.

I want to see how bad the camber is.

I don't want to go that low anyways.

I was hoping for something like those pics.

I want realistically low and aggressive. Also flush. 

Isnt there something to give wheels positive offset?

I forgot but i think i read about it one time?