running 15x7 +0 all around on a sedan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure those are 15's?  Konig makes those wheels in 14x7 too.

those are watanabes and i have no idea what specs they are.

I was speaking in the look and ride height. I literally dream of this height on my 510

Tristin, can you elaborate on that?  Are you saying the wheel wells are different from a 4dr to a 2dr?  What do you mean "pull" the rear?

So when you want to fit larger wheels you can do two things to help if you need a bit more room. The first is 'rolling' where you take the inside fender lip and roll it back on itself. The second is 'pulling' where you actually pull the fender outward to widen the fender some. Pulling is doing it mildly and pulling aggressively is flaring. 

You cant pull the rear fenders on a 4dr (much) because the fender goes through the rear door and is double layered. Its two layers of fenders on top of each other, so when you try to flair one it dents and fucks up the other one. 

Isnt there something to give wheels positive offset?

I forgot but i think i read about it one time?

No. Wheels are physically solid so you cant make them more offset. What you can do is add spacers which move the wheels away from hub which gives the illusion of being more positive. There is no way you can add spacers in the rear because youre already so close to hitting the fender. You have no reason to run spacers. They are meant for people that want to run too positive wheels or if you need a bit of strut clearance. 

No. Wheels are physically solid so you cant make them more offset. What you can do is add spacers which move the wheels away from hub which gives the illusion of being more positive. There is no way you can add spacers in the rear because youre already so close to hitting the fender. You have no reason to run spacers. They are meant for people that want to run too positive wheels or if you need a bit of strut clearance. 

As assumed. it wouldn't make sense to add spacers to a hub expecting the wheel to go inward. lol.

What are you running on your 510? I was hoping that I could maybe still run the 15x7 without the camber and not having to stretch tires because I don't want to go that low. I know it won't be a good idea stretching tires because I'm going to daily my dime.

If only i knew the size of those rims and offset. 

I only know of one person that has 14x6 +0 offset enkei 92' and he won't sell them sadly.

Those would be somewhat a lot better in my opinion. 

As assumed. it wouldn't make sense to add spacers to a hub expecting the wheel to go inward. lol.

What are you running on your 510?

I have an 8J +12 in the rear which has the same amount of dish youre trying to run.

I was hoping that I could maybe still run the 15x7 without the camber and not having to stretch tires because I don't want to go that low.

Not going to happen.

Now wait a second;

First, if he wants to run 15's, then he won't have to lower the car as much as some Dimes, because the overall wheel/tire combo will be taller.  Which in theory won't screw up the camber adjustments as much.

Second, I'm not sure how you know those wheels in the pic of the white car are Wantanabe, but Konig makes a copy very similar (the Rewind, more common) and 15x7 with 0 offset.

I agree 6" wide makes life easy as far as fitting under the wheel wells, which is why I'm still running 6" wide.

Now wait a second;

First, if he wants to run 15's, then he won't have to lower the car as much as some Dimes, because the overall wheel/tire combo will be taller.  Which in theory won't screw up the camber adjustments as much.

Right, if your only goal is to fill the wells then sure. He wants it to me moderately lowered as well as 15in wheels. In order to fit the wheels he mentioned he will have to run quite a bit of camber to get them into the wells.

Second, I'm not sure how you know those wheels in the pic of the white car are Wantanabe, but Konig makes a copy very similar (more common) and 15x7 with 0 offset.

I know nothing about the car, but being that its a Japanese owned car, I doubt they would be running Konigs. Wats seem to be the obvious choice over there.

I know nothing about the car, but being that its a Japanese owned car, I doubt they would be running Konigs. Wats seem to be the obvious choice over there.

True, But...

Are you sure it's a Japanese car?  The numbers on the storage doors are English.  I can't see the steering wheel, but everything else on the car could be added. 

I can't see the steering wheel, but everything else on the car could be added. 

If it was LHD you should be able to see the wheel at that angle. It could be an Aussie ride, but Im pretty sure its RHD. Plus Jap 510s never had rear markers. 

I saw that picture from another post and the guy had mentioned it being jap car. but then again, you can't always trust the internet.

As tristin stated, I want to moderately lower the car and fill in the wells. As the picture I posted, that's exactly what I would like to do.

and yes.

Klassic has a point. If i don't lower it thatt much, would i still need to camber it and run stretched tires?

If only some one had some cheap 14x6 enkeis. darn it....

If it was LHD you should be able to see the wheel at that angle. It could be an Aussie ride, but Im pretty sure its RHD. Plus Jap 510s never had rear markers. 

I didn't know that about Jap 510 rear markers.

I saw that picture from another post and the guy had mentioned it being jap car. but then again, you can't always trust the internet.

As tristin stated, I want to moderately lower the car and fill in the wells. As the picture I posted, that's exactly what I would like to do.

and yes.

Klassic has a point. If i don't lower it thatt much, would i still need to camber it and run stretched tires?

If only some one had some cheap 14x6 enkeis. darn it....

Contact Dawa.  He's running an advert that he can get a hold of most wheels.... Price though, who knows?

http://community.rat...m-dream-wheels/

I don't remember if you've said or not, but it's not too difficult to fix the camber issues.  For the front, you just need to buy some adjustable camber plates for the top of the struts, with some additional modifications to the strut towers.  For the rear, on the cheap you can just slot your trailing arm holes, or for a little more $$ there are a coupld different bolt on or weld on kits.  If I remember right, Datsport and Futofab make some.

I don't remember if you've said or not, but it's not too difficult to fix the camber issues.  For the front, you just need to buy some adjustable camber plates for the top of the struts, with some additional modifications to the strut towers.  For the rear, on the cheap you can just slot your trailing arm holes, or for a little more $$ there are a coupld different bolt on or weld on kits.  If I remember right, Datsport and Futofab make some.

Like I mentioned with 15 x 7J +0 you wont be able to camber correct. You have to have the wheels negatively cambered for them to tuck and not rub. They are slightly too wide for the wells. 

Damn sedans.

I guess I'll have to find some 14x6 +0 in order to get a stance like that picture.

and i already have camber plates for the fronts.

Thanks.

so 15x7 doesnt have enough room. 15x6 or 14x6 would clear. If i could just find a set.

15x7 can work, its all about offset. Like I said, I have 15x8s on the car. Just for your desires +0 isnt going to work. You need to look for something more positive... something like +12/+15

the closest thing is plus 25 and i dont know what I can do to make that closer to flush.

I wish they had plus 12 but i cant seem to find the chart that has all the sizes and offsets.

does the offset have to do with the stretched tires?

No.

You will want to Google all the measurements for wheels... otherwise this entire thread and everything you read about wheels will be lost on you. Youre going to want to figure out what the measurements mean if you ever hope to find wheels that fit. 

I've got 14x6 with 185/60 on them.  The rears with the lip rolled would not rub.  The fronts stick out just a hair, with the 280zx front stuts on, they should tuck under just right.

Tire and wheel fitment guide:

http://kmhafer.datsun510.com/wheelFAQ.htm

By my calculations 15x7 +10 is about a good as you can get....Although...

The thread below has two 510s running about what your looking at.

The white 510 has +0 with 280zx fronts.  And the red 510 is running +25 with "no issues", but stock front struts.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/38881-stickie-fitment-gallery-thread/

No.

You will want to Google all the measurements for wheels... otherwise this entire thread and everything you read about wheels will be lost on you. Youre going to want to figure out what the measurements mean if you ever hope to find wheels that fit. 

Well i was planning to run stretch tires before hand because i know people run 185/60 or so. 

I do know they have +0 enkeis.

sadly, they run 15x8 +25 but not 15x7 _25.

so im not exactly sure.

I've got 14x6 with 185/60 on them.  The rears with the lip rolled would not rub.  The fronts stick out just a hair, with the 280zx front stuts on, they should tuck under just right.

Tire and wheel fitment guide:

http://kmhafer.datsun510.com/wheelFAQ.htm

By my calculations 15x7 +10 is about a good as you can get....Although...

The thread below has two 510s running about what your looking at.

The white 510 has +0 with 280zx fronts.  And the red 510 is running +25 with "no issues", but stock front struts.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/38881-stickie-fitment-gallery-thread/

I agree that 15x7 +12 would be idealy perfect for what im looking for but that doesn't exist on enkeis.

and that white 510 is a two door so its different. 

I was thinking that maybe 15x8 +25 could do the trick? it would be closer to the gap?

or would the 15x7 +38 be better.

i kinda like this stance although i would want to lower it more.

but that's only possible if its 15x8 +25. i belive +38 might be too much.

and with this, i could run normal tires. the guy in the thread with the red 510 is running 195/60 which should be good i believe.

this 510 is +25. 15x7.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TUY-nRvhUFo/TwBaElfMPGI/AAAAAAAABew/RFhpZ3HoiXo/s800/rear%252520pass%2525202.jpg

I don't think you have enough room to run 7 +38.  +38 is roughly 1.5 inches.  You only have 4 inches of back spacing to safely work with in the rear.  I'm not sure what the 280zx fronts allow for back spacing exactly, but, obviously with +25 and no one compaining of rubbing, you should be fine.

I think you have all the info you need, you just need to decide if you want to; wait for some used 6 inch Enkeis, live with some negative camber, or find another wheel.

Personally, if Konig made 6 inch Rewinds, I'd be rolling on different wheels.  I want my tires to be stuffed neatly within the wheel wells.  

I'm going off the measurements I took off my car:

***EDITED***

Wheel Spacing:

Rear:

Hub to outer lip: 3.75”

Hub to inner lip: 2.50”

Front:

(stock 510 struts)

Hub to outer lip: 3.25”

Hub to inner lip: 2.50"

(280zx struts-using Tristin's number of .75" difference)

Hub to outer lip: 4.00"

Hub to inner lip: 3.25"

As you can see, there is no way (atleast on my car, others may be different) for me to run 7 +0 (in other words, 3.5" offset, 3.5 backspacing) with out rolling and other mods.  Even at +25 (3" offset, 4" backspacing), my inner lips need .5" modified.  My car is a 2dr too... That's if I want the car lowered.  I supose it would be easy enough to sit the car down just about the tires, and put some stiff springs on it and maybe be ok... But I don't think that is low enough.

I've toyed with the idea of buying Rota "Mini Lites" only because they offer a 15x6" with just about any backspacing you want... But they aren't the same as Konig Rewinds.  So I'm kinda in the same boat, I just decided to get the rest of the car the way I want it before picking up new wheels..... I'm out of money, and doubled over my budget!!