Where are the Canby 2013 oics?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I guess if I was at Canby, I'd be going around with my mouth hanging open, not taking oics until I'd looked at everything 2 or 3 times. I just hope most of the Ratsuners made it there. Reading some of the posts this week of all the problems folks were having is kind of depressing. Of course, if you can get to the show at all, you can fix any problems there with lots of help.

Len

The pics would be in your camera if you were there......

Good point! Although if I were there, I'd be so excited I'd be too shaky to hold a camera steady. Oh well, I'm off to Pull n Save to console myself by buying parts - to have a car capable of making the trip to Portland next year.

Len

• Like 1

WHEEEEERRRREEEE?!!!

^^^^^ + 1

1405 on a Sunday afternoon here.

Thought there'd be a heap by now.

Want to see what the party's going to be like when I hit town in 2014 :)

Quick edit.

Yes Tristin, I did it again :)

24hr clock reference and descriptor of time of day in the same sentence.

^^^^^ + 1

1405 on a Sunday afternoon here.

Thought there'd be a heap by now.

Want to see what the party's going to be like when I hit town in 2014 :)

Quick edit.

Yes Tristin, I did it again :)

24hr clock reference and descriptor of time of day in the same sentence.

not Sunday afternoon here, bubz.

Thanks to everyone who is posting pics in various places. My computer seems to be loading them lots faster than last year at this time. Oh yeah, I guess this is a newer computer since last year. I'm looking forward to spending tomorrow hitting Reload and looking at more and more pics.

I more or less forgot about Canby today by going to Pull n Save and getting a steering box off a '79 210 to put on my 510. Went to a small airshow in Spokane in the afternoon. There was a B25 (got to see it take off and land) and a Spitfire (missed the take off and landing. Shouldn't have taken so long at P&S). And a whole bunch of Stearmans and other old biplanes. All fun and entertaining, but nothing like being surrounded by Datsuns at Canby.

Len

Alright Len, here's the goal:  You're getting your 510 ready by next year, to roll to Canby.  Regy is getting his Z or 510 ready for Canby, and I will be getting my 510 ready for Canby.  The Spokane/Cheney/Harrington crew will be there in 2014!!!

Alright Len, here's the goal:  You're getting your 510 ready by next year, to roll to Canby.  Regy is getting his Z or 510 ready for Canby, and I will be getting my 510 ready for Canby.  The Spokane/Cheney/Harrington crew will be there in 2014!!!

Sounds like a good plan Matt. We need to insist Reg take his 510. His Z could make the trip already. To get his 510 roadworthy he will have to work and suffer like us. What I need to do is stay away from Pull n Save. Karen got me the season pass for Xmas and I didn't think I'd use it much. Little did I know I'd be spending the summer there. I got the steering box yesterday and got another W53 peanut head during the week. I started on the ZX struts I got awhile ago; got the spring perches cut off. But in order to install any of this stuff, I have to disable the 510 for hours/days. After having it non-running for so long, I don't want it non-running now for even minutes. Maybe it is time to buy another Datsun to put all these parts on. Like that 610 goon on CL. Oh yeah, I should quite looking at CL too! Although I really "need" a goon. Yesterday loaded Karen's Prism with all my tools and all our camera bags. When we bought groceries and went to load them I told her we really should have gone and looked at the 610 so we would have more space for stuff.

Len

Len