Maximum Pumpkn!

Congrats on escaping! E WA is like a weird black hole for some of us - can't get away. I made it all the way the East Coast (NJ, Philly, N VA) for a few years, but somehow got sucked back here. I remember the thrill of driving back West and seeing sagebrush again in Kansas. Yeah, sagebrush, cheat grass, and scab rock, that's what resonates to us black hole dwellers.

datzenmike - "Town was near abandoned" That is more or less the definition of E WA State!  :lol:  But there are still dead Datsuns to be found in the wild here.

Len

Down town was empty, boarded up, sage blowin down the street. It was creepy. (oh, sorry Dave no offense, nice place to visit) 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they were,,  but comparing numbers on Rockauto shows different numbers even for the 83 maxima and 83 280zx .

:confused:

I think I remember that they are the same shape and such, but one has a cast impeller while the other doesnt. 

tha fuck?, who the hell registers an account named Buffalo Bill, and says location: rapist van, and then their first comment is "sounds like a great place to find a rape victim"

wtf?

who wastes their time on such things?

Profiling shows this is similar to a prank phone call. However in the case of an adult it's generally assumed the sender has the emotional development of a nine year old. Unofficially known as 'Barts' they usually are not a threat unless anything violent or sexual is mentioned. Then law enforcement become very interested.

I know some years have a bolt on clutch fan, and others don't...The one off the L24 will do for meow, seriously thinking about going electric fan.  Don't know if my ECU could support it or if I would have to run an extra system....

I know some years have a bolt on clutch fan, and others don't...The one off the L24 will do for meow, seriously thinking about going electric fan.  Don't know if my ECU could support it or if I would have to run an extra system....

You will be fine my old 280zxt had an aluminum radiator worked like stock if not run a relay.

no, you wont need to hook it up to your ecu,  I think they just run off the battery, and theres a thermostatic switch just like in a front wheel drive car. that switch activates a relay at a certain temperature and the relay turns on the fan. the kit should include a harness and fues link and all that good stuff. I prefer this method rather than putting a switch in the interior because it maintains an exact temperature.

no, you wont need to hook it up to your ecu, I think they just run off the battery, and theres a thermostatic switch just like in a front wheel drive car. that switch activates a relay at a certain temperature and the relay turns on the fan. the kit should include a harness and fues link and all that good stuff. I prefer this method rather than putting a switch in the interior because it maintains an exact temperature.

The only issue with this setup is there's no indication of failure. When the switch or component goes bad, the fan won't kick on and you'll have no idea until you start overheating.

You can minimize this buy buying a quality kit, but you still assume a bit of risk.

• Like 1

The only issue with this setup is there's no indication of failure. When the switch or component goes bad, the fan won't kick on and you'll have no idea until you start overheating.

You can minimize this buy buying a quality kit, but you still assume a bit of risk.

Millions of cars run electric fan and they are ok. First of all they rarely come on at all. Only when stopped long enough at idle and never on the highway. Fan belts can break without notice also....

q-tip.... while a switch works it's a weak link as it requires someone to know and switch it on. Worst case scenario you lend the car and the driver forgets and leaves idling or you get out of car and for what ever reason are unable to get to it ti turn it on. I know, remote but possible. Things so important should be automatic and not left to chance.

• Like 1