L-series valve cover

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good price. Generally the 1600 OHC with fins all the way to the front is collectable. Then DATSUN OHC then NISSAN OHC.... bonus if it has the elephant oil cap.

Yeah, I kept the finned 1600 one for my L20.  Cheater lid.  :)

I was bummed when I realized my elephant caps wouldn't fit the old 1600 cam cover :( Good luck with sale!

If you are talking about the '68 type cover with the quarter turn chrome cap....the A series oil cap fits and looks like it was meant for it. 

• Like 1

If you are talking about the '68 type cover with the quarter turn chrome cap....the A series oil cap fits and looks like it was meant for it. 

But... Elephant :(

I decided not to run my '68 cam cover. It's too pretty all bead blasted and clean. So now it's a paper weight on my garage shelf.

I got some metallic gold paint.  :)

Actually, a polished valve cover with clear yellow powdercoat is pretty close.  I had a set of wheels done this way and they looked just like 24k plating.

I got some metallic gold paint.   :)

Actually, a polished valve cover with clear yellow powdercoat is pretty close.  I had a set of wheels done this way and they looked just like 24k plating.

pics or gtfo ! :)

i was gonna guess that those are Cerberus' but after seeing your link i know its not a guess.

gaaawd those are gorgeous. i need to know every minute detail about them. 

you had them done by a place in AZ?

i was considering having my valve cover brass plated but what you did would achieve the

same effect. so just polished and then "clear yellow powdercoat"

im a bit confused as to what clear yellow powdercoat is,

im also afraid that if i use that term with the powdercoat shop that theyll fuck it up

Yeah, I actually ordered the powdercoat, can't recall who I got it from.

We have a super-expensive hi-tech powdercoater (beat-ass Whirlpool oven we got for free on CL) :)

Tested with several different pieces (polished, chromed, etc) and different colors before I got the right effect.

Not a task for the budget-minded (or impatient).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.