rough three days. Quit tobacco.

I think I'm on day 4, so far so good. Just hope I can keep it up when I go out boozing with my buddies

Rock on man! My advice is the only people successful at quiting are the ones that really want to quit. 

Hang in there, i just checked i am into day 8. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 days since you quit. 

don't think you have given it enough time, it will prob take the rest of your life to say you have won. 

No i am done forever, because i do not ever want to go through quitting again. 

Every time a guy has had a heart attack at my job it has been a long time smoker. I work for BNSF railroad so we have lots of employees. Never has a non smoker had a heart attack ....YET 

Rock on man! My advice is the only people successful at quiting are the ones that really want to quit. 

Hang in there, i just checked i am into day 8. 

Yea I'm going to try, as long as I don't smoke at work I make it through the day. I don't smoke at home and only other time is when I'm out with friends. I want to stop before it really has an affect on me

No i am done forever, because i do not ever want to go through quitting again. 

time will tell but I hope you stick to your words because people have said that before.  

I wish you luck.  :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

well i am about two months in now, doing fine. It takes alot longer to loose cravings than i ever expected, still hanging in there. 

edit more like 6 weeks or so.

Good to hear!

I decided i didnt want to be a slave to the addiction anymore. always checking to see if i had enough to get through the day, had to check if i had enough on the way home. Always thinking about the damn chew. It is so nice to not be constantly owned by the habit. 

Guest 510kamikazifreak

This is awesome you are still free of it. :thumbup:

Good on you

Personally,now I have been weaning myself off this past week(from over a pack a day,to under a half pack,and by Saturday no pack a day)

There are a multitude of reasons to quit,trust me I know

• Like 2

Best of luck to you, i would try to have your last one friday night and be all out of smokes, sleep all night and maybe sleep late. Get up and never touch a cig again. It aint easy but if your mind is set its not so bad. 

This is awesome you are still free of it. :thumbup:

Good on you

Personally,now I have been weaning myself off this past week(from over a pack a dack,to under a half pack,and by Saturday no pack a day)

There are a multitude of reasons to quit,trust me I know

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Best of luck to you, i would try to have your last one friday night and be all out of smokes, sleep all night and maybe sleep late. Get up and never touch a cig again. It aint easy but if your mind is set its not so bad. 

I have been altering alot of things I would normally do,to get out of the routine to help ease this..

Now if I could just get stupid drivers to get a move on it would be easier :sneaky:

• Like 1

good on both of you or for that matter all of those who have quit are quitting q=and trying to quit

it cannot be good for you

when I was about 7 or 8 I found a cigaret in the street picked it up and tried smoking it .  My dad cought me doing this and told me if he ever cought me smoking he would make me eat a whole pack ( and he would have ) so I never had any desire to try it ever again

when my dad met my mom he quit smoking and drinking cold turkey at the same time

you will be successful when your mind is made up that your done and I believe it is one of the hardest things to quit

good for all of you

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...