ebay find for the USA guys.

meanmecordia

hey guys

during my useless trauling of the world wibe web and ebay for things to waste my money on i found this.

thought some of you may be keen on it for a period corect, fresh , rare item.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DATSUN-B110-A12-1200CC-ENGINE-IN-CRATE-W-SUNNY-MIKUNI-DUAL-CARBURETORS-HEADER-/360450406308?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53ec84b7a4

hope this is the right area to post it , as my first post in the 411 area says, im new to the datsuns.

josh

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for looking out for us. That has been posted for sometime (like a year), It's way cool but out of the budget range of most U.S. 1200 owners. The shipping charges alone are insane.Keep the posts coming as we all waste many hours a week online and at times might miss some cool items. I will have to check out your 411, I love and have missed driving mine all winter. Send me some Venitions for my hatch.

gravel trap, were do i get venetions from , i love them in old school cars. if i can find some down under i will organise something with you.

i have a handfull of photos of the 411, go check it out on the weekend with hopefully a purchase pending floor inspection for rust and then stricking a deal for the right price.

Well, the block is stamped as an A12, but the distributor position tells me it's a later A14/A15 block.

It's also a round port head, so while the eye candy aspect is attractive, if one is after performance, one will have to find an oval port head to drop on it.

Leaving it to the 1200gurussmarterthanme to sort out the stamping discrepancy.

Pricey eye candy regardless.

Well, the block is stamped as an A12, but the distributor position tells me it's a later A14/A15 block.

Leaving it to the 1200gurussmarterthanme to sort out the stamping discrepancy.

Not really a stamping discrepancy. It's a newer model A12, from either a B210 or B310.  ;)

While our USDM-issue B210/B310 cars didn't come with an A12 (aside from the limited production B310 A12a engine), in Japan all of the '71-83 Sunnys were available with A12 engines. 

I hope no one buys this engine thinking it'll bolt right into their 1200...   :lol:

Well, I'll be dipped...I never knew that the 1200cc engine survived past the B110 series.

Sounds like unless the gent offering this piece can find a Japanese JDM nut who wants a low displacement, low flowing, small carb'ed hot rod engine for his B210/B310 survivor, he's looking at a very pretty paperweight.

Then again, I just sold my last A14 to a guy who builds truck-mounted steam extraction carpet cleaning rigs using the A12/A14 engine as a powerplant, so maybe there's someone over here who wants to build the ultimate carpet cleaning rig for the upcoming Carpet Cleaner Nationals annual convention. ;-)

Well, I'll be dipped...I never knew that the 1200cc engine survived past the B110 series.

Sounds like unless the gent offering this piece can find a Japanese JDM nut who wants a low displacement, low flowing, small carb'ed hot rod engine for his B210/B310 survivor, he's looking at a very pretty paperweight.

Then again, I just sold my last A14 to a guy who builds truck-mounted steam extraction carpet cleaning rigs using the A12/A14 engine as a powerplant, so maybe there's someone over here who wants to build the ultimate carpet cleaning rig for the upcoming Carpet Cleaner Nationals annual convention. ;-)

lol

Carpet Cleaner State Nationals!!!

It's only worth something to a Japanese racer, who is limited to 1200cc anyway. No one else will eve buy it, not for anywhere near what he's asking. 

Once he gets down to below $2k, it might start to be worth it... If nothing else, you could put the top end and intake/exhaust on an A14 bottom end and maybe have something worthwhile...   :P

the reality is it wont fit a US spec 110, 1200 , 210, 310 , etc.... in its current dual carb config., they interfere with the master cylinder. I sent this guy a message thru ebay the other day politely informing him of this but no response nor did he post up any data about that fact. I conclude he's an A-hole seller..........or maybe he just hasn't looked yet at the messages.....................nah, A hole.