How to keep the Datsun passion alive?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a wagon that my ex turned into a project ~6 years ago.

i've bought and sold 2 510's, rebuilt both of them and then bought a sedan i rebuilt and still have.

the wagon needs someone with rust repair skills to move on... :hmm:

a little at a time things still get accomplished for it.
the motor choice has changed several times. the first choice is in the sedan still.

for me its a mix of it all the sex the organizing the tools the working on others cars/trucks, the pics the ratsun, but most of all just enjoying a nice drive in my datsun! :)    but snow is a problem damn snow :mad: i think you should take it down n atleast sit n chill in it for a bit check the fluids o something wont be long before you start feelingg that passion that will have you messing wit it a lil bit here n there! 

Following build threads help. My advice, Go sit in it. Take a deep breath. Get out and look at the body lines, the details. This always helps me. A couple weeks ago I put a new rearview mirror in it. It took longer to get the screwdriver than to put it in but just that sparked me to start on the 280zx strut swap. Mine's been down since I bought it. With no money it's hard to stay motivated. Like everyone else has said, do a little at a time. Even if it takes years you will still be pleased with the outcome.

i think to keep motivated you have to keep her running and driving. once you strip the car it starts to loose its meaning and becomes a lawn ornament  all three datsuns ive owned was always running or i know will run conditions. 

ps i got another 1 a week after i sold my wagon! i would like to share with you guys not trying to thread jack. This once started up when i looked at it at the sellers house but it has an idle issue hopefully its an easy fix 

264096_10151382933405860_467185056_n_zps

397679_10151382933820860_2110445348_n_zp

484645_10151382933765860_1394499286_n_zp

184615_10151382934035860_2005654709_n_zp

• 3 months later...