Florida/georgia/alabama members thread

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That rock crawler is slick. You would probably be the only one that could make the dragon :P

Edit: On a side note, any of you guys know of any swap meets in the south east for our little dattos? I keep finding cruises and a few shows, but next to no or markets are included. Maybe I should just go to the cruises and meets and beg for info on parts... I'll take my Datsun coffee cup and beg for numbers/directions from the people that pass me :P

<-----Central Bama here. My 510 will probably never be finished though. When it is however, roadtrips abound. Lurka- old ass dattos on 3 mile bridge = 14 miles of traffic back-up cause murphys law

Yep. It'd be like my fuel filter getting clogged or something random and annoying. And Metalmonkey47 would notice a few missing lug nuts on his truck.

Nantahala was great! But Ocoee is just so much better ;) Rapids are so much better and the water isn't freezing! 

i used to live 45 minutes away from there. and i sliced the whole left side of my left foot open when i slipped on a rock playin by the visitors center. shoulda got stitches but eh its but a flesh wound. Been mountain biking up there too on a Trek demo day.

That rock crawler is slick. You would probably be the only one that could make the dragon :P

Edit: On a side note, any of you guys know of any swap meets in the south east for our little dattos? I keep finding cruises and a few shows, but next to no or markets are included. Maybe I should just go to the cruises and meets and beg for info on parts... I'll take my Datsun coffee cup and beg for numbers/directions from the people that pass me :P

There are a couple of swap meets that happen regularly, but I've not found anything at them for Datsuns. You can build a camaro from scratch at one of them, but you can't find a Datsun bumper sticker. Moultie, Ga is the biggest one that i know of around our area. It's held twice a year, in February and November. There's one in Dothan, AL but I'm not sure when it is. And I think there is one in Panama City Beach.

There are a couple of swap meets that happen regularly, but I've not found anything at them for Datsuns. You can build a camaro from scratch at one of them, but you can't find a Datsun bumper sticker. Moultie, Ga is the biggest one that i know of around our area. It's held twice a year, in February and November. There's one in Dothan, AL but I'm not sure when it is. And I think there is one in Panama City Beach.

Yea, I used to go to one with my grandpa. I remeber coming back with a a trailer full of hay and a rolling chassis for an iroc... Which was towed behind the trailer... Gotta love GA :P

Yea, I used to go to one with my grandpa. I remeber coming back with a a trailer full of hay and a rolling chassis for an iroc... Which was towed behind the trailer... Gotta love GA :P

i went to a tractor and antique engine show in north GA and didnt see hay. why would it be at a normal car show?

i went to a tractor and antique engine show in north GA and didnt see hay. why would it be at a normal car show?

Cause the meet was in Haddock (1 caution light town...)

He ended up trading an LTD for the trailer, it just happened to be full of hay :P

I'm in central Alabama. I've met two Datsun guys from around Dallas, GA in my parts dealings.

Odenville... Pretty much right up the road from where I'm at right now (Boaz). You wouldn't happen to know the guy with the red 240z, would you? I've seen it once or twice on the freeway heading into the Ham.

I may possibly be relocating back to Pensacola soon and will do my best to set something up. Johnsons Beach and Big Lagoon would both be great places for a meet. They both have state park fees but it was like 3$ last time I went. Johnsons beach would be great opportunity for some datsun drag racing.

PerdidoKeyJohnsonBeach.jpg

It's one long road from Perdido and travels the length of the western barrier island. You can park at the end and walk to Fort McCrae which is just a straight up party zone.  It's one of the few places you can camp and BBQ right on the beach.

Check it out on gearth or something

30.3088666846,  -87.3739882571

i used to live 45 minutes away from there. and i sliced the whole left side of my left foot open when i slipped on a rock playin by the visitors center. shoulda got stitches but eh its but a flesh wound. Been mountain biking up there too on a Trek demo day.

Must be talking about Tsali,,, I got lost in there one night on a ride, took us about three hours of bike pushing to find our way. It was so dark and we had no lights that we could not ride slow enough to see the trail. We finally smelled someones fireplace and headed in the general direction. long night. World class trails for sure.

At least he got a memorial for his efforts...

tsali.jpg