1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well swapped carbs and drove it......literally drug the exhaust the whole time....all the way out all the way in......drives and rides great .... runs ...meah crappy...gonna try a tune on them today if i can get to the exhaust shop to take me in .......also cgonnna convice matt i need my 32/36 back for back up....su's are tough gonna re read up and locate a oil rccomendation ... feells like two different viscositys right now...so ......um the red truck...the fucking red truck .... well turns out a dogleg uses a l16 throw out colar i assume cause the casring of teh tranny is different and its a car tranny...shit i dont know ...oppsite problem i had the first time i was putting the last bolt in i looked at the clutch fork and was like oh great we need a push rod the length of tristins dick .....1".......more hand wrenches thrown.....motor came back out..........then started the in and out fucking that was my thursday.... hans and i petered out around 11finally got it back in for the fourth time and bolted down ......gotta call the exhaust shop and see if i can pull some strings ........i will elaborate later after i get todays ball rolling .....its close .......it will be close .... both trucks on ground still a ton of work to do ........hans is freaking he has a bunch of people coming to check his shit out .......while im out today im looking a a 4 spot trailer to hook to my box van ......worse case a three car and we can put my goon in the box van .......im indian giving my old carb from matt....sorry dude ... i fixed yours though so its got all good ........i did go rescue matts rat nest for him and returned it home ....pics...

how i founbd it a mile from his house

null_zps7d9f6917.jpg

well the tow strap wouldnt fit through the tow strap hole so i looked around for a while ..all i could find is the alt belt elft over from his radiator fiasco...so i noosed that bitch and ran the strap through it thinking it would break instantly.....

null_zps9bde91e5.jpg

ratsuns being wierd and wont let me post multiple pics .....anywazy it worked and look what a great fuek effiecint tow vehicle ,,.,i took the belt im attached to it now and will go in my travel tool kit..... it showed moxy and deserves to be on my rescue team.....more later i got miracles to preform as well as run a business while fucking up my personal life...

null_zpse0150d20.jpg

• Like 2

big shout out to frank and matt for coming out ... we ended up redoing everything we accomplished two or thtree times but in the tname of datsun ........fuck i need a break .... i can only imagine how hans feels .... 10 hours a day for 10 days......yikes we gonna need a datsun hiatus if this happens ...... but not more then a week cuz i m stoked to post updates for my goon.....plus if the goon leaves the shop gets a pool tabble work bench ... i super stoked to play some stick work on dattos and drink some bullet....

frank and matt see u again tonight ......i only got to pick up my unfamiliar toilet at 2 am from the bar so we got losts of time ..

sunday im setting up the jack shack ...watching nascar, football and snuggling up to my one piece footy pj's........im coming either way redeye so make sure u bring those 3.88 please.......  I have no contingency showing up to to see my truck at the show so ...uh oh exhaust guy not sounding confident in getting it done .,.......sheet

just got a call .. hans one piece shaft is 3 inches too short ...... hes off to suck dicks to get the driveline shop to do a same day turn around....my guy at the exhaust shop gave me the loing sigh on the phone ...... so I m driving it there with the intention of just sucking dick too I guess

• Like 2

lol....well I drive it to the exhaust shop .......motard in the bed .. air shocks wont hold air they got a leak..had to go couldn't diagnose it .... fucked up one wheel rubbing the bed side....exploded turtles every lane change .. about died from exhaust in the cab ..rode like a caddie though..... prolly  shoulda left the motard at home for the wheels sake and my exhaust buddy is working his magic ... although costing mre then I expected I am cramming this down his throat last minute .....so im fine with that...hans is out having a brand new driveline made ..this shit is ridiculous... im gonna need sunday for me time if this happens... I need a week to just address the small things that are coming up and I have tonight then its a 80 mile trip sounds like im gonna be white knuckling it

pics loading

...... it was blowing exhaust back out the flex pipe right in the back carb......im  hoping the exhaust will also have a little more back pressure and allow  me to tune it better

..... its not running too bad ... too fat definitely from the burning eyes in the cab from the hole in the floor and exhaust being cut right there...its quick ..... thinking im burning a little oil too lbut till its tunes and timed reflecting ecxhaust and what not I wont really know....hoping the unfamiliar toilet will drop me off to pick it up I don't wanna fuck withte bike and my wheel anymore...

oh great we need a push rod the length of tristins dick .....1".......

:rofl:   Yeah, I actually read your shit often, but don't often post....  but I just had to make sure this one didn't get lost in the whole lot of text going on.   keep on keepin' on dude, it's looking more badasser.... since it's always looked badass :thumbup:

did micheal show u that sighting .... I posted it but when I saw it your the first person I thought of....found it .... look ....I shed tear for u ......sad panda

null_zpsf34ef54f.jpg

:crying: 

oh god.....bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa