1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you coming by here??  It is teacher conferences all week so twins get home at 10:45 and we are going to Portland Wednesday for a Toyota / Datsun parts scoop..

On another note the Queen Latifah show doesn't have Queen Latifah on the show.. :confused:

yes match box...... yes gas,  it spilled on us installing the gas tank only to have to pull it back out and move my ebrake cable bracket  a second time and then spilled on me again the second time it went back in.....noticing a trend .... might change the name of this truck .... honestly I was tired and once it didn't fire after pumping the carbs full I was like fuck it .... cuz I noticed the match  box was unplugged .. then plugged it in and cranked for a nother 20 seconds and nothing so I threw the charger on it and left it was 1045...I wuz tired...... headed back tonight .... maybe I will have time but the red truck is needing to be done suspension wise and brake wise tonight so it can receive its l230 by weds at the latest....on my truck its got to be something simple....did zero diagnostic on it..just cracked a beer and admired what we accomplished this weekend ......fucking truck has so much travel im pretty sure im gonna drift truck wreck the bitch when the front tires are rubbing the inners at highway speed ...the rear will tuck half a spoke before it bangs the housing on the bed.......might have to cut a porthole...

It measures about that ,,, i lost my vernier calipers a while ago my dial calipers suck ass and my digital calipers are to sensitive to reliably measure shit..  I have one that measures about 57 also.

measuring the whole unit from the tip of bearing to the other not just the collar

I can leave it at the desk so you won't even have to tell the receptionist to say your not there..

NANER , dude I wasn't ... my lifes kinda hectic sorry I wanted to be here but was sick as fuck pucking at the 7-11 parking lot trying to get to work...and I asked that bitch if u stopped by.... she said no ... I was like Andrew with no shoes and a dog that dry humps the ash tray...u sure he wasn't here????.....my trash cans are all tipped over and theres a dog turd in the gutter of the building...u sure?  bring both I don't know the over all and will just use the one and return the other I promise .. and I will pay u .. I don't expect for free bro ....

• Like 1

ok well hi....... well it runs it was the match box ......so it started but ran on three cylinders for a bit shut her down ....swapped to another set of plugs I had there....started and it ran fine started to fuck with su's..... rear one wont respond to ny tuning and is flooding out the rear two cylinders.....thinking im just gonna try my goon set of su's ....might have to indian give my carb from goldfish so I can make the fest...fuck I hate last minute shit ......the red truck we finished all the brakes all the suspension .so now its just a motor and tune and its done ... oh and a shit load of assembly...any ideas on the su not responding to adjustments... we already had it adjusted but reset the timing to 9 so we were trying to make sense of it ......againit was 1030 we cracked a beer laughed and cried about how much is left to do by sat....

fucking pb is still loading yesterdays pics...fucking stupid

http://s694.photobucket.com/user/jrock42242009/media/Videos%20of%20Indecision/A44CA1D2-8514-43DD-AF0D-A1B4217EC99C-544-000000528662AE64_zps4365bb33.mp4.html

video of rear travel ... didn't get one of him jumping up and down in the back to make t bottom out .... maybe after I tackle the issues I mentioned

well seems like four steps forward three steps back is the theme...pics first discussion second....

I showed up last night late after a tennis lesson and found my goon radiator ........not in my goon......(open mouth insert foot....stupid coors light affecting my better judgement....)

null_zpsc3a565fe.jpg

red truck is on the ground after making ove to the brakes for 3 more hours...

null_zps87cf6067.jpg

null_zpsc17242c3.jpg

null_zpsfd0acbc5.jpg

matt goldfish was there stealing my radiator only to karma slap the both of us twice that night .....4 datsuns one shop .....sigh .... need to get busy .... u can see thebed is back on red ......ready to tuck some 18 soon... still needs the l20 in today....driveline has been a fiasco too .,..

null_zpsc4e3c6f7.jpg

sad panda after radiator swap to reswap to reswap to to water neck housing swap to coolant spill, too coolant leak, too coolant spill swap ..

null_zpsca2bed00.jpg

hans on the fast path to the beer fridge cuz two days left I think......argh behind ...

null_zps8af45d8d.jpg

well it was eventful ... showed up late found my spare champion radiator in some blue piece of shit ..... rolled eyes..... watched matt take radiator back out to fix alt mount only to put back in and fill it... then start it to find the top of the core leaking like a sieve about three inches across the radiator ...... like big leak ... like bad core assembly type shit ... he was bummed ..... I was super bummed cuz now I gotta deal with getting a radiator that I welded a bung into swapped out or worse case fixed at least...so he drained and swapped the stock one back in filled it only to decide that we needed to swap a housing to get a good temp sender in ... coolant mess number three...got that swapped and drove it ... fuck taking off a stuck clutch fan made a huge difference ... besides just the wurrrrrrr of the clutch stuck on its fast again ..... but it broke down this am so I gotta go see whats up with it ...its sputtering so its something easy I hope......

the red truck ........showed up brake pedal was fucked ... pump it up to get a pedal then it would go soft in 5 minutes while flowing fluid back into the master......took calipers off the truck to bleed on my suggestion and that fixed that ... trapped air in rear calipers .. so we bled everything again .....all better......rears are kinda sticky but we hope the pads break in and work good....dealt with like 4 more rubbing issues remounting the wheels ... grinded shit for a hour or so... but got wheels on ....threw the bed back on ...... fucking one piece driveline is at the shop getting magic machining to try and make it work......u joints and yokes are being a bitch ....so the suspension and brakes are done ... needs to set the motor today and maybe running later tonight but more likely sometime tomorrow .....

didn't really fuck with the green truck much ....... pulled my goon su's off and decided im gonna use these since the flat tops I had gotten are being weird.....gotta swap a few parts onto the goon flat tops today at work then I will put them on tonight and hope I get a better response........I had taken the sus off the truck and brought them to work so I can make a set work ..........aww Datsun I love u but why must I do things once twice thrice...this shit aint oragami

oh and quietly I have no exhaust and would need to be running tip top tonight to even have a chance of getting it a. reattached or b.(and preferred )  re done all together....well its on I guess...to be fair I have built a ton of custom quads the nght before we leave for a dune trip so its not like this aint my wheel house.....john brown may be the king of the burbs but im king of procrastinating a deadline up my own ass

• Like 2

lol four su's blown apart on my desk right now ......oh and just back from rescuing goldfish truck and returning it to his garage.....towed by honduh civic and I had to noose a alt belt to the car to run the tow strap through.....that alt belt will be in my travel tool box now for ever./...it held for the whole trip

• Like 1