My First 510

Dlip

Hello my name is Lucio and i have really liked the 510 for a long time, and after searching for a long time i found a nice one for a good price. Many of you must of seen it for sale on here.

IMAG2475_zps2af9d708.jpg

Towing it home!!!

KPGC10 had got it running. :w00t:

IMG_20121216_141931_zpse76e1a52.jpg

All i really had to do was to get it cleaned up from the inside. Getting all the rat :poop:  out.  :sick:  

CAM00081_zpsce05bc9c.jpgCAM00083_zps920f000b.jpg

the carpet was no good :rofl: !!!

Luckily the dash was in perfect shape!!! :thumbup:

CAM00106_zps15eb830a.jpg

and thats all for now! :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys. my plans for now are nothing to big just get it riding good. one problem i ran in to is the rear sway bar. At first i was just going to need the bushings, but it turns out that the rear sway bar was put on very weird. the ball joint screw was curved i t formed like a "L" but we need to move the rear sway bar back. 

im am also trying to get the cars shine back out! :thumbup:

Untitled_zps7979050c.png

i had also removed all the chrome and polished it but i have no pictures of it yet  :blush:

i am also having trouble finding the correct shift boot.

CAM00090_zpsea361203.jpg

Thats how the dash was before i cleaned it ! :rofl:

• 5 weeks later...

I have been currently working on the brakes and lowering the front end of the car!!! So i had gone to oreilys to order seals for the front rotors because the seals had to be broken to be able to machine them and oreilys had me waiting a week because the lost the seals!! so finaly we got the seals and were able to reassemble the front end!!!

CAM00155_zps9a6202fd.jpg

my uncle cutting the weld to lower the perch.

CAM00157_zpsab48325f.jpg\

I wish i could be using these  :geek: !!!

CAM00159_zps75a58606.jpg

The only way i can afford to lower my car! i cant afford real coil overs that would be a lot of days without getting lunch :w00t:

CAM00179_zpsd7bcfd7f.jpg

how its currently sitting. pretty bummed that i cant move it. :crying:

have you thought about upgrading to 280zx front struts, and making coilovers out of them? That's what I'm currently doing, and it should only cost you $40 more for the sleeves and springs. Then you can also upgrade to larger brakes.

yeah i was planning to, but currently this is just temporary. once I get money i will upgrade my whole brake system :thumbup:

lower the stock perch to much will hit the tire.

I would just cut 1.5 coils to be on the cheap and alot faster.

Yeah i was thinking that but i careful not to go too low i gave the perch and tire some room  :thumbup:

CAM00132_zps0a39c963.jpg

I this is pretty much a before and after. i lowered the perch about 2 inches from the weld

First get it moving then sort out the ride height, I am have found that when you start to lower things radically it starts a snowball of needed mods and fixes. Looks like a practical drivable height as she sits. get it running and drive it summer is almost here. Nice score.

it was running until this Saturday, i had just finished putting new brakes because they were not stopping so well and as soon as we take it for the test drive something went wrong and the car just shut off about a block away and didnt want to start.  

ck for spark ,pull the coil wire from the center of dizzy cap and place near the strut tower nuts and reach in with other hand and hit start you should have spark. If yes then look to se if you have gas. Maybe even put a little in the carb. it runs for a second or so then you know its carb related.

If no spark ck the points and see if  opening closing. cl all wires by the coil. make sure connected. ck the fuses. EZ stuff 1st.

• Like 1
ck for spark ,pull the coil wire from the center of dizzy cap and place near the strut tower nuts and reach in with other hand and hit start you should have spark. If yes then look to se if you have gas. Maybe even put a little in the carb. it runs for a second or so then you know its carb related.

If no spark ck the points and see if opening closing. cl all wires by the coil. make sure connected. ck the fuses. EZ stuff 1st.

Thanks for the help. I think i figured it out. I believe it's the fuel pump. The spring falls off (it's an o'reillys fuel pump). Because gas pumps good after we put the spring back in place. And will stop pumping, then remove the pump and the spring would be off the lever.

• 1 month later...

I'm back :woot: my car Idles and runs fine at lower speeds but when i get on the freeway its bogs. I also was having some issues with my brake lights and my 4-way flashers (emergency lights). Now my emergency work now and then. Me having no idea how to work a carb i did some interior work.

I really have to thank the men who helped me at eagle rock. I would of still been stuck with no clue on what to do. OICS... Soon

So after I believe to have fixed the timing i am having a vacuum leak problem. the carb will shut off when i give it gas but will idle fine.

This is a vid on how it idles.

http://youtu.be/XXYNdUcI7tM 

towards the end i spray to were i think the worst part is. i am spraying with carb cleaner. in order to keep it on i would have to feather the gas. 

Heres a picture of my car at Eagle Rock with my buddy's Datsun 2 door 510

CAM00214_zpse5c32048.jpg

I also made a carpet for it!!! :rofl:

CAM00217_zps60bc4dab.jpg

• 2 weeks later...