GOONS check in

gokiburix

Waddup Goons!

Wondering how did you guys set up your KA send and return fuel lines? So far I've replaced my stock send line with the 5/16 hard line coming from the little outlet that's atop of the gas tank to my inline fuel pump and then from that to the KA inlet fuel rail. Now I'm stuck on how to do the return line from the KA into the gas tank. Something just doesn't look right to me. Any suggestions? I know this isn't the proper place for this but I figured other Goons would know best. A step by step process would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

S.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chumstone,

I haven't had a lot of time with it yet. I literally got it home, loaded it on my trailer and took it to James at Krazzy RPM. I talked to him tonight and he said he should have some pics of the work he's doing up on his web site tomorrow. Overall the car is in pretty good shape. Not sure why it was for sale for so long. I keep thinking I will find out sooner or later the deeper I dig but hasn't happened yet. When I went to see it the "for sale" sign in the window had faded to the point it was just a white square (that was my first clue).

About the engine: still has good compression, had a few issues that James saw right away. Nothing major, I think due mostly to the p/o's lack of mechanical ability. With the intake off you can see it has been ported although without tearing into it, not sure exactly what they did inside. James is guessin it should pull somewhere around 160ish once he sets it up properly. I can't wait to get it back, should be a fun ride.

OT

That's a badass goon Bro. It might have been the red tint that took it so long too sell. :lol:

Where in the I.E. are you? It's a big area.

• 2 weeks later...

^I actually don't have that mag, a friend of mine in Japan noticed it and scanned it for me. He got me a copy, I'll see if he can get more.

Did Hayashi recently open an office here? Or were they always here? I need to holla at them.

edit: Oh I see now, it's 5Zigen's office. Interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

edit, ^What engine is that? And awesome, posted at exactly the same time. biggrin.gif

fellow GOONIES have no news? :(

Posted this in my build thread... But here's one for the goon squad. cool.gif

img20110619185135.jpg

Still not running laugh.gif

Also got a factory roof rack from the p/o ... I still gotta clean it up but I'll post pics soon.

OO I see a nice white wagon rollin' on Hayashi!

Awesome! Thank's for sharing! You have any more copies of this mag?

That's pretty cool. I don't make it out there very often. Glad I was there that time. :)

fellow GOONIES have no news? :(

i've been thinking the same thing. glad to see someone post some new news. not much going on with my Goon,except for driving it everyday. finally tracked down someone to sell me some Ratsun decals. thanks again Redeye! I sold my roadster project. the landlord wanted it gone,& the new owner offered me just enough for a new transmission for my '63 Riviera.

Adjusted the rear drums. Wow they were out of adjustment. Had to turn the adjuster in quite a bit before the pedal and any change to its feel. And now my brakes feel so powerful! I left 2 5 foot skid marks on my street from locking up my front wheels. Oops!

Currently working on my interior. Hopefully done in short manner: All my panels inside will be new with new fabric. New headliner, and at that time a new windshield, and then I can put in my carpet (havent wanted to let the rain get it wet, leaky windshield). Cant wait for it to feel like an actual car inside. Only way to gut my car more right now would be to remove the dash, take out the rear seat and the passenger seat. Still would be driveable too.