GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BTW Duncan, we didn't formally meet at the last meet you and I were at (I think it was Fountain Valley).

I should be there tomorrow night in my silly White Sunny. Be sure to say hello if you know who I am. If I see your goon, I'll chase you down :)

I'm not sure who you are :cool: I've seen your goon, but I don't think I've ever seen you driving it...

Oh, and bring a goon squad sticker or two if you have some please. Thanks!

G'day guys. Long time browser, first time poster cause I finally got me a Goon and I figured this is as good a place as any to introduce myself.

I'm Dale and I hail from Perth, Western Australia. Been a Nissan / Datsun nut for a long time now, and I've always wanted a 1600 (510), and now I have it! And a wagon no less! These are getting incredibly rare over here, and even though my new pride and joy is a bit of a beater, I think it's worth every cent of the $1800 I paid for it today. It's got potential......

P5090011.jpg

P5090016.jpg

P5090015.jpg

P5090013.jpg

It's a '71 and under some of the flaking paint, I think it used to be pale yellow (sunrise yellow?). Not sure what I'm going to do with the colour yet, but I might just go for an off white, with some old-school JDM wheels. After a whole lot of bodywork that is.....

Thanks guys! Yeah, as much as want to replace those rims with a set of old-school SSR's or Work's, these old ROH's probably would look alright with some black centre's and a fresh polished lip. I'll be on a pretty tight budget for this build, so I guess they'll have to do for a while! :rolleyes:

so,i've mentioned how much trouble i've been having with my gas tank many times. Dave finally convinced me to drop the tank and try to clean it out,before i give up and buy a different one. My tank only has 1 breather hose(right near the filler neck),not 2 like all the other wagons i've seen. there are 2 holes in the frame,but only 1 fitting on the tank and only 1 on the body. Dave said the fuel line fittings looked different too. I've been thinking the tank was full of rust,but it was more like dried red clay mud (about a pound of it is my guess!),and some kind of sealer which has broken up into chunks of different sizes. there is a screw holding some kind of rubber plug next to the drain plug,and what's left of the sealer that's still attached to the tank is in this area inside the tank. since my 'goon has such an odd tank,and breather setup,it looks like i'm going to have to try to clean it out and have the hole repaired properly (probably welded). does anybody have any experience with this type of tank,and this type of repair? can the other style tan (2 breather hoses) be adapted to work. i know i'd have to drill a hole into the area where the breather is,and probably replace the breather assembly too. i really don't want to do that,but if that's the only way i can get a good gas tank in the car i guess i'll have to.

Just posted the pic didn't have time to write anything I've been on the forum on and off but just recently registered. Just wanted to share my project with u guys

I've seen you at the shows. Never see you just the wagon. BADASS wagon. :)