GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goki- i loved the cardboard wagon too :lol: A big thanks to Dwayne [greengoon]. @ JCCS he hooked me up with a roof rack & rear air shocks. So now i can go with a 3 inch block in place of the 2 inch. I want to drop it right to the wheel wells without having to trim the arches. Ill leave the bump stops in & raise it a bit so she's not too bouncy :cool: Pix soon.

yeah I got to get out to that show to see it. I have missed it ever since it started. so much cool stuff to see. I personally like the yellow wagon with the longchamps. I am such a JDM fan.

that yellow goon belongs to Koji and Terry (the JCCS organizers)

Thats a badass goon!

I'm stoked for next year! I missed out on a lot of the big shows because of the progress I was making on my motor, and also trying to save some money, etc.

Next year, I'm repping the 'Goon Squad at Canby and JCCS, as well as possibly cruising up to the Golden Gardens. I'll also be at some non-Datsun events like Ziptied All Star Bash if it's going again.. This year was my project year, next year is the show year!!

See you all then!

The paper goon was cool and having all the goon squad representing with their stickers :cool:

Where are the Pic's of the trophy?

Ian called me today to see who won the battle of the goons. He is happy for you.

Yesteday's JNC Blog Oct 7, 2009

You guys got more than a Mention, you are the highlight of the JCCS Part 2 blog!

JCCS 2009 Part Two: Wagons Ho!

...here are the cars from my personal favorite category — the wagons! This restored orange Datsun 510 was gorgeous, and aside from the re-upholstered interior it looks like it could have driven off the lot circa 1970.

[orange 510 wagon]

The Ratsun Goon Squad was in full effect. Snoop Dogg would approve.

[white 510 wagon]

[two goon squad pics]

...the notorious “Dat Rod.” ....

[Red datrod wagon]

Here’s our buddy zetozeto99’s new and improved Datsun 810 goon. It’s got an old school VIP look going on, and we dig it. I mean, it’s got a hood ornament. If that’s not gangsta we don’t know what is.

[810 wagon]

And here’s his partner in crime, a 910 Maxima.

[910 wagon]

BTW, who won and placed in the goon class at JCCS? There were so many nice goons, I'm glad I didn't have to judge..

1st Toyota cressada

2nd The dream Ice cream, orange 510 that you love.

3rd rotary power 510 green wagon.

Jonesy510 and I were discussing my lighting when I realized I hadn't posted my latest mods:

For the front I moved my turn signals to my center lights and put mesh all across the opening. The drivers turn signal hole will eventually house my intake. I dremelled the back of the signal, opened up the housing on the Hella E1 inner light and mounted the orange bulb with tension. So far so good. The H4s have high and low beam so now my inners are running and turn signal lights. It makes my goon easier to see at night and it looks cool too. Also, (goki will appreciate this) I tooks some Oracal green vinyl and put along the edge of my H4s and then covered that with silver vinyl so the outer lights have a subtle green cast to them.

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

Now on to the rear. I found a great deal on some aftermarket lenses on eBay that are completely red, no backup lights. I hooked these up and wired the back up light bulbs to be an extra brake bulb to make the lights brighter. I decided to remove my license lights and used one mounted from the bumper as a backup light, inspired by the new Scions. All this for maybe $60 total with lenses, mesh and new bulbs. The less money you spend, the more creative you can be.

Come hell or high water, my goon will be at JCCS next year!

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

Very cool and creative GreenGoon!

I saw those ALL RED lenses on ebay and was thinking about getting them because my reverse lights dont work anyways haha Pretty cool to see what they look like installed.

Cool mod using the license plate lights as a reverse light. It almost looks like it belongs there!

Unfortunately, here in CA, we are REQUIRED to have license plate lights :(