GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any goons going to the swap meet this sunday? The Koji and/or Terry will be there and will be accepting registrations. My friend Luis will be there to ask them about a wagon group "GOON SQUAD"

They need 10 goons to make a class. At this point they only have 6. :(

As some of you know from my build thread, some asshat threw a rock through one of my cargo windows the other night. I have a replacement window, and ONE extra seal. Neither of my seals are in GREAT shape, but both are okay (minimal cracking, still fairly flexible).

I have the window out, obviously, and the new one ready to go in. My question is what are your tricks to get this beast in there without shredding my seal?

I have the nylon cord (1/4"-ish), the gel lube and I want to get it done this weekend.

Any tips/tricks materials I should add to my arsenal?

Thanks in advance!

As some of you know from my build thread, some asshat threw a rock through one of my cargo windows the other night. I have a replacement window, and ONE extra seal. Neither of my seals are in GREAT shape, but both are okay (minimal cracking, still fairly flexible).

I have the window out, obviously, and the new one ready to go in. My question is what are your tricks to get this beast in there without shredding my seal?

I have the nylon cord (1/4"-ish), the gel lube and I want to get it done this weekend.

Any tips/tricks materials I should add to my arsenal?

Thanks in advance!

I think I would call a window guy. I did $75.00 to remove and replace the rear seals.

Well... Phil and I did it tonight.

I don't have $75 to fix the issue. There were some tears while pulling the lip through, which we expected, but nothing too serious. I'm just glad to have the issue taken care of.

I'm gonna try to keep an eye out for seals in better shape. Never know!

Thanks for looking out, hang_510, but I'm not ready quite yet. I PM'd BAZ about the Datsport re-pops because they typically carry some good stuff, and their price is almost $100 less than the Datsunland SoCal seals.

I figure if they're direct copies and they fit good AND it's the rubber (as he says) that is resistant to UV, buying some new seals might be the best option so I can get a 9.9/10 quality and professional reinstall. I have all new weatherstripping except the cargo windows and the rear window, and I'd like to change that...

the Datsunland SoCal seals.

and the rear window, and I'd like to change that...

:lol:

mike is $$upposedly working on them...

i sure could use one!!!

the first version of the datsport were missing the long 'point' that fill in the corners, but ther quality is excellent otherwise.

or you wait and find the garaged goon gem in the JY that has the 9.5/10 cargo seals still intact, and the 1/4 windows too (like me :w00t: )

Well...sad to say...there weren't enough wagons to make a group :poop:

...my friend Luis reported to me. I was really looking forward to a wagon group...oh well...maybe next year. :mellow:

I just heard from Terry @ JCCS And there will be a goon class. :D:D

I might add some really nice wagons, We will have to go head to head with the yotas & hondogs, and all the rest. It will be tough to place there. But we can try. :eek: