GOONS check in

gokiburix

Just picked up 2 69 Wagons....pretty stoked on the project. The goal is to make one complete car and give the other car(with title) away for very cheap for someone else to build up.

Both cars came full of CRAP! Extra parts, clothes, paper, carpet, etc. This guy was a HOARDER big time. Here's the first wagon...it will be a promising car. Goal is to get it running solid and slam it with some decent wheels. No body work, no paint, cheap suspension, and keep the total build under 800 bucks :)

5816_1197235857018_1412154826_555427_3786056_n.jpg

Passenger seat cleaned up great

5816_1197235457008_1412154826_555426_1762472_n.jpg

Have more pics coming...

I thought these wheels would look sick. On CL now for a decent price

3k53o33la5Of5Q05Rd987584ddc1917021149.jpg

Edited by Evs-One
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nas(I think he's on here) and I picked up the 74 truck and Jeff said he offered you the wagons....but then called and said I could grab them. I'm in Vancouver and the drive was a PITA...let alone coming from Bothell, twice!

They'll be turned around soon!

I'm gonna have to meet up with GOON SQUAD OC DIVISION sometime in the near future

Me too! I have been looking for a clean goon without much success. There is a blue one in El Toro for a very hefty pricetag. I thought it was blue with a white painted roof, and it turned out to be a white vinyl top :( It looked decent in photos, but it turned out to be fairly rough in person.

Someone else in OC is asking $2500 for a non-op goon!

Ouch!!

speaking of gas tank...you fellow goons have the same awesome problem i have?

When i fill up too much, it leaks EVERYWHERE on the floor...don't even know where the leak is...seems like some where on the top (obviously)

I had this problem, and it was one of the vent tubes (shown below). The picture is in front of the tank. The vent line was rotted away where it goes through the hole in the support. I dropped my tank, and replaced all my vent lines:cursing:

IMG_4665.jpg

I had this problem, and it was one of the vent tubes (shown below). The picture is in front of the tank. The vent line was rotted away where it goes through the hole in the support. I dropped my tank, and replaced all my vent lines:cursing:

IMG_4665.jpg

oo...thanks for the pic and the quick response! I'll have to do that soon...its embarrassing leaving a HUGE puddle of gas as i jet off hahhaha (not to mention the hazard)

I'll have to do this sooner or later :T

There's a nice write-up in DQ on what size hoses and whatnot to get for your gas tank. I had the same problem with mine and had similarly trashed hoses as above. In my case, three hoses were leaking. Some pics in my goon album linked in my sig. Good luck and do it sooner rather than later, for your own safety.

ok guys...I want to know who is going to the upcoming JCCS (Japanese Classic Car show). The reason why I didn't post this on the EVENTS thread is because a buddy of mine and I are trying to get a bunch of goons together and park as a group. He also told me someone has a Cressida 'goon, so i dont think its limited to Datsun or 510...just to have a wagon group.

I still have some stickers, so we were thinking of naming the group....you guessed it "Goon Squad" since stickers are already made. I think it would be cool to have all the goons together sporting the "GOON SQUAD" badge.

I'll let you all know as soon as I know how to register in the wagon group. I should know by Sunday.

-goki

I'll be coming down for JCCS and hope to meet a lot of you. I'll be hanging around with Lawrence. I won't be bringing my goon unfortunately but at least I have a good excuse: a 10 hour drive with a 4 speed gets a little old...

That will be good. :D You can drive one of lawerence's cars to JCCS. He told me last week that you were comming.

Erik...i like the look of those rims on your goon!

PCD...I never made any in green...but if there is a big enough request, I could make some.

For the time being, I have 1 white and 1 red in the type 1 (circle style),

1 white in type 3 (goons on the side) and all styles in black.

I'm planning to make more before JCCS...so give me color suggestions!