• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Goon was running but ruff so finally got a moment to look at her figured she had an intermittent spark plug so I believe I will buy a few sets of plugs and wires and cap and rotor for the Goon and the others for now. So now I can take her out after I get some insurance.

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Been hearing a high pitch squeal that was comming and going, well today I found out what it was. I had just got back from getting the insurance and was going to go to the muffler shop for something small. Cranked her up and there goes that squealing. Got out and lifted the hood and noticed the  alternator pulley not turning. So a replacement is on the way  I should have this afternoon. Then next week off to the muffler shop.

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I picked this Goon up about 4 years ago, here in Denver!  I posted pics & as much info as I had at the time, but nothing.  As you can see, it was hammered HARD in the rear & pushed into something drivers front, by a drunk.  It was a cool build, but ultimately not savable, as the rear floor was badly bent 😣  It was sacrificed for parts, but has saved others!

Fast forward to last week, somebody posted a pic of it on one of the Datsun Facebook pages!  Yes, I informed him of its demise 😒 It was built in NM, back in the 80's at Van World.  It apparently had a turbo L20B, but that was long gone by the time I got the rolling chassis (as seen here on trailer).  They had welded up the rear doors & the side window openings, to create a panel van!  The other big issue, aside from the crash damage, was that it sat outside, here in Denver, for about 20 years, so most of that welding rotted out, in the wetter Colorado climate.  I still have the flamed & louvered bent hood & the crunched drivers side fender, hanging up on my wall in my shop, as some killer cool wall art!

RIP panel van!

IMG_5390.JPG

IMG_5391.JPG

• Like 4

My buddy's KA24DE powered Goon, recently sold LOCALLY, so hope to continue to see it around!  Perhaps we will see Sam around here on Ratsun!  We had just raised it a bit to make more driveable, with 280ZX front struts, all new shocks & bushings as needed, so it was driving great! 😎

IMG_6930.JPG

• Like 4

We recently dropped in a stock CA18DET into this Goon, currently dealing with worn out injectors, hoping a simple professional cleaning & new orings solves the over fueling issue!  This car has also had 280ZX front struts, all new shocks, new bushings as needed etc installed, so rides down the road nicely!

Anybody have any spare STOCK fuel injectors to sell?

IMG_9222.JPG

• Like 3
On 11/18/2021 at 4:30 PM, yenpit said:

I picked this Goon up about 4 years ago, here in Denver!  I posted pics & as much info as I had at the time, but nothing.  As you can see, it was hammered HARD in the rear & pushed into something drivers front, by a drunk.  It was a cool build, but ultimately not savable, as the rear floor was badly bent 😣  It was sacrificed for parts, but has saved others!

Fast forward to last week, somebody posted a pic of it on one of the Datsun Facebook pages!  Yes, I informed him of its demise 😒 It was built in NM, back in the 80's at Van World.  It apparently had a turbo L20B, but that was long gone by the time I got the rolling chassis (as seen here on trailer).  They had welded up the rear doors & the side window openings, to create a panel van!  The other big issue, aside from the crash damage, was that it sat outside, here in Denver, for about 20 years, so most of that welding rotted out, in the wetter Colorado climate.  I still have the flamed & louvered bent hood & the crunched drivers side fender, hanging up on my wall in my shop, as some killer cool wall art!

RIP panel van!

IMG_5390.JPG

IMG_5391.JPG

I believe I remember seeing it in the 510 Again issues I used to get way back.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...