1967 SSS RL411

Eagle_Adam

not saying that shade of purple is a bad color but may I suggest a prettier purple, it's called Iris mist. When the light hits it during the day and at night it releases several colors in the purple & light blue spectrum. 

65GTOirismist.jpg

and as all your project threads, I'll be following this one also.  :thumbup:

The exact shade and color of purple has not been chosen yet, just that it will have a white top and a purple bottom with a fat pinstripe to separate them - this build is for Jassifrasss (my GF) so its going to get a feminine touch 

Nice score !! I will have to come check it out. !! Also I have a line on some r series stuff ;-)

your welcome to come down whenever man, my futon is comfy. What all do you have? 

Is that air cleaner a su one if your not gonna use it I know some on looking for one.... Brig me those doors ican blast them while u wait..... I see a lot of potential here .... Lets coat some shit

Yes the air cleaner is for the SU's and NO is not FS :P 

Ive got a body work guy taking care of the doors jrock but you will be doing ALL the PC for this project. Not sure what all will get it but the engine bay will need to POP!!!! 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, yes, we probably should :)  Maybe once we're done with the 510 and 521, we'll have a weekend free to actually do something besides be recluses in our garage :blush:

For a little while, about a year and a half ago, we were making trips down to PDX area often it seemed.  Some day we'll get back to the adventures....

i gotta wrap up my dads build before i can bring her home, im hoping for this weekend. Worst case it will be next weekend. Even then, i gotta finish a few things on a few other cars before this gets touched.

Im trying to decide if i should get her running then tear her down for paint. Or just send her off for paint and put her together when she gets back......... 

Not really knowing the details of the engine... I would say it probably won't take much to get this thing running. Either way.. I can understand wrapping up other projects first. That is really the best bet.. I always take on a bunch of projects then I stand back for a second and get all stressed cause I have too much to do.. lol

No new projects for me!!

yup,

I need to:

install my new suspension on my truck

figure out why the headlights wont work on the 4x4

check and rebleed the breaks on jessi's wagon

get the B running

&

finish the build for my dad's truck 

before i can start on the 411............

Fuck, i know what im doing after work

And the chasis ID on the firewall plus the glass / rag bag filter on the passenger fender side.  You have a winner.  PS, not all RL411 have the badges on the C pillar.

When you get around to it, I can give you available part numbers for Gates Rubber or Goodyear hoses that can be modified into a functional, and in one case visual, replacement for the water pump to intake manifold hose [NLA on original for over 20 years].

no not all rl's have those holes, but all rl sss cars do. thats what i told him to look for

what are greg and mikes screen names? Id like to make sure u say hello 

greg- gcmustang, or greg azhitman(both 411 guys) mike-mikerl411

And I tell ya. Between Greg and mike. They know so much and are very very helpfull. Greg is a awsome guy. It's nice we all keep our cars in the family.

what about this guy? whod you contact to find out about these in the first place huh lol

Ok 411 gurus, ive started the conversation with the body/paint guy. What will i not be able to replace? Whats NLA and what can be used in lue of some of the NLA parts?

I was told gaskets are NLA but you can use a 521 gast thats cut up, but id like to have a record of this stuff in this thread.

Also if anybody has some good reading material for the 411 id love to have a copy

was watching a car resto show with jessi the other night and this "plum crazy purple" cuda came up 

images1_zps7febcc84.jpg

this is also a potential share of purple to be used 

had a 70 Cuda and 70 Coronet plum crazy, very cool color. What ever purple color you do, it will look sweet on the 411. 

That pic is a 70 Roadrunner, just saying

had a 70 Cuda and 70 Coronet plum crazy, very cool color. What ever purple color you do, it will look sweet on the 411. 

That pic is a 70 Roadrunner, just saying

It was just an example of the plum crazy purple ;) 

A947FB0F-5802-4241-A8F8-EE4C7F3D36CF-184

4CAFCB7F-0B36-4497-BABB-855B6F1DA2FD-184

also a badass shade or purple!  Ill have to take jessi to a dealership :D 

521 front window gasket can be cut to fit but doesnt have the slot for the stainless..... rear window seal is nla, vent window seals nla. quarter window seals nla..... all seals are basically nla. if you must remove the front and rear windshields cut the back off the gasket so it still holds the window and can be glued in. i did it on my windshield. the rest of the body for paint is straight forward. taillight housings and front marker lights have a base gasket, use a scraper to  peel em of and reuse em. also do yourself a favor and unscrew the stainless at the bottom of the window on the door so you can paint there and not get a funky line. dont remove the stainless on the drip rails its a pita to pull and put back on..... thats all i can think of right now. any questions you got my number

• Like 1