A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Small update on my A10....

Radiator in, radiator hoses in, heater hoses in, throttle cable - check! (fuck, that throttle cable was a pain in the ass!!) ... all wired up, fuel pump is a go! kill switch good

now all i need is that god damned drive line and trans mount. 

Got to fill her up with coolant, hookup the intake next!

Running wise? Runs great.... Drivability? Not so much. Need a transmission crossmember and a driveline. My buddy at work is making the xmember. Money is tight right now or it would be done much sooner.

Shes got the Stock bumpers still unmodified.

It runs very good, the electric distributer is really nice to have, it's tuned up well the timing is right on, deleted the smog equipment and all the egr stuff with a block off plate. No complaints on how she runs at all. It's a great daily.

Running wise? Runs great.... Drivability? Not so much. Need a transmission crossmember and a driveline. My buddy at work is making the xmember. Money is tight right now or it would be done much sooner.

So I've heard it drops right in. What trans and driveline(s)? and rearend are needed.

Hey guys!! I've got a '78 banana yellow goon. It's down for a while, so no pics unfortunately. Lets just say that it's at Rusty Ruby status right now. Should be headed to the boasters this year so I can see what she looks like naked. My fenders are shot, but I have a line on some off a '79 square headlight sedan. Does anyone know if the fenders stayed the same? I may end up doing a whole square headlight conversion if I have to, but would rather keep the round eyes. Thanks guys!!

Fenders were all the same. Grills changed mid '80 model year so December? Grills changed to rectangle lamps in July '79 or the beginning of the '80 model year. To use round headlights the pins in the plugs need to be pushed out and put back in a different position. Not a big deal but the squares are wired differently than round.

Hey guys!! I've got a '78 banana yellow goon. It's down for a while, so no pics unfortunately. Lets just say that it's at Rusty Ruby status right now. Should be headed to the boasters this year so I can see what she looks like naked. My fenders are shot, but I have a line on some off a '79 square headlight sedan. Does anyone know if the fenders stayed the same? I may end up doing a whole square headlight conversion if I have to, but would rather keep the round eyes. Thanks guys!!

Like Datzen said .. they will fit

Sorry we couldn't help you out man,, but since FAT510s warthog is his only daily driver,,  we have to keep any extras just in case something unfortunate happens we don't want to be desperately seeking ones ourselves ..

Nanner, happen to have a spare A10 automatic driveline kicking around? Considering they are shorter than the manuals, im thinkin it might just be a direct fitment into my KA24DE w/ the KA 5spd as well.

Happen to know the length of the auto vs. the manual driveline?

Nanner, happen to have a spare A10 automatic driveline kicking around? Considering they are shorter than the manuals, im thinkin it might just be a direct fitment into my KA24DE w/ the KA 5spd as well.

You can't have it...

Like Datzen said .. they will fit

Sorry we couldn't help you out man,, but since FAT510s warthog is his only daily driver,, we have to keep any extras just in case something unfortunate happens we don't want to be desperately seeking ones ourselves ..

It's all good man. I understand. You guys are the ones who regularly talk about them so I just figured I'd ask and see what turns up. A good WTB ad did the trick. I may turn over to a square front just because I can do angry eyes with it. Just to be different

• Like 1

Happen to know the length of the auto vs. the manual driveline?

I swapped my stock 710 short 4 speed out and a long 71B zx 5 speed in by simply using the 710 automatic driveshaft. It's about 5 1/2" shorter than the 4 speed drive shaft.