A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where?

1.9L motor? So not L20B that came in those? All 1,952cc?

Yeah they were a little known powerplant used mostly in automobiles sold mostly to obese women and dwarfs..  Datsun thought that the L20b having the symbol for weight in it would scare away the hefers and the smaller numerical size would appeal to the little people making them feel larger.

At least that's what i read in the service manual.

• Like 1

Wow, 61 pages. Heh. As quagmire would say... giggity goo!

Anyway.... Coming down to the last few things for my a10/KA swap!

I only need trans mount and drive line and she'll be running! I've been putting it off for so long... Only because I know it'll be expensive!

Wired my walbro 255 inline in, looks nice. Reaves all the lines too! Got my radiator from a 240sx.

Oh....

And....

Plot twist.

ITB setup in the works!

Most likely a dumb question, Looked nearly everywhere still puzzled.. Couldn't find it in the manual (missed it most likely)

What is the fuel capacity for the 5 door hatch A10?

I keep getting it close to empty but never ran out (never want to either) and it is full after 8-9 Gallons usually.. Is my meter off or is there literally only a 9 gallon tank?

Most likely a dumb question, Looked nearly everywhere still puzzled.. Couldn't find it in the manual (missed it most likely)

What is the fuel capacity for the 5 door hatch A10?

I keep getting it close to empty but never ran out (never want to either) and it is full after 8-9 Gallons usually.. Is my meter off or is there literally only a 9 gallon tank?

The factory service manual I have says the about refill capacity is 13 1/4 gallons, and doesn't have specs for different body styles so I think it means all body styles have the same capacity.

No wait we get worse MPGs  34+ was corrected to US gallons.

I wouldn't bother messing with the sender. Easy to muck something up cause a leak, who knows. When it reads E you know you have a couple of gallons left.

If you were to mess with the sender... what I would do is bend the float arm down slightly. If you are just above empty now and you have 2-3 gallons left this will move the arm higher and give a higher tank reading closer to 1/4 or just below. Again the problem is that E no longer means Enough it means Empty.

Fat, a few things could cause better/worse mpg...

Auto or manual, driving habits, engine health, and any mods done. Considering mike is a datsun nut, he (probably) gets the best mpg on ratsun.

By nut, I mean.... Nut ;)