Shooting at Clackamas Town Center - Portland Area

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="merlin" data-cid="813253" data-time="1355586472"><p>

Can't believe this ain't locked yet.<br />

<br />

Guns or no guns,<br />

<br />

Sane or insane, <br />

<br />

Prolife or prochoice,<br />

<br />

America is broken. <br />

<br />

<br />

You all need to sit down at your kitchen table with a cup of coffee, a pen and a piece of paper and write a list of ways you are going to personally do your part to fix it.</p></blockquote>

THIS.

it's us, we can argue all we want about gun control, help for the mentally ill, abortion, religion or any other political matter we care to bring up. the fact of the matter is no amount of arguing can solve this problem. this problem exists because our culture is broken, not our laws

Morgan Freeman UNKN on the Elementary School shootings. 

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who wou
ld otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations­, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."

• Like 3

as stated above GUN CONTROL IS NOT THE PROBLEM 

In Connecticut the kid used his own mothers registered guns so how do you think gun control will fix this ? IT WONT 

how do you protect yourself from  someone willing to kill there own mother and innocent children and adults ? I dont know how 

may the shooters in both these recent shootings rot in hell 

and may god be with the family of those killed to comfort them and help them through this horrible time 

my heart is sad and I cant begin to imagine what the family's are going through right now 

my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of these innocent victims may you find some comfort during this painful time 

thanks merlin for posting some positive  heroic actions of those teachers 

MM check your sources please before crediting that to Freeman.

Just because its spread around FB like wildfire doesnt make it true.

Yes its still well written. No Freeman didnt write it, but someone used his image to make it more popular.

MM check your sources please before crediting that to Freeman.

Just because its spread around FB like wildfire doesnt make it true.

Yes its still well written. No Freeman didnt write it, but someone used his image to make it more popular.

Really? Hadn't noted that, just picked it up along the way. Doesn't surprise me someone would do that. 

This is hitting a little close to home for some of us Ratsuners:

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2012/12/clackamas_town_center_shooting.html

I'm glad my wife and I were at work today.  We go there every once in a while.

I haven't been to ctc in 2 years.

I go to the sears to warranty my shitty crapsman tools. I eat and get the hell out of there lol.

Best thing anyone can do is volunteer their time not opinionand no cause is too small.

I wonder if the kid was schizophrenic or on an anti-depressant (not making fun )

Prayers for this , those souls lost in CT , and Rustina510.