I DID IT!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said 720. They're really common. If you're lookin look for Nissan and Datsun too. If you can find a yota you can find a 720

Oh and you think you're a Chevy guy now but the first step to recovery is buying a Datsun... Then a couple years down the road you'll look at your garage filled with Datsun parts and the constant search for more and you'll realize your life will never be the same

• Like 1

The 2.3 is a good engine !

OHC ... and All cast iron as well lol. (Don't know weight)

HP or not they are torquey little bastards (EFI)

I can't believe the amount of aftermarket items for the 2.3 that are made....

KA would be shitloads of fun in it as well :)

Better mileage.

Good luck.

Ive never see s 521 frame rusted beyond use. they use thick steel

Funny that you.coud.use the sheet metal but the frame not salvageable

the truck has been sittin on flats for 20 years in a field. i looked at the front crossmember under where the engine woud be,and its swiss cheesed. i checked the floor boards and stomped on it,and it felt fairly solid.

wayno hats a great lookin truck,did you graft that extended cab part on there or was it a factory thing? and that looks ALOT like the bed i was lookin at on a luv at the scrap yard.

The 2.3 is a good engine !

OHC ... and All cast iron as well lol. (Don't know weight)

HP or not they are torquey little bastards (EFI)

I can't believe the amount of aftermarket items for the 2.3 that are made....

KA would be shitloads of fun in it as well :)

Better mileage.

Good luck.

my buddy races mini stocks up here so we've learned alot about how to make some serious steam with a carb on em. and its just so much more simplistic (and roomy im going to assume) than the ka motor swap for me. if i get 18 mpg,im thrilled

wayno hats a great lookin truck,did you graft that extended cab part on there or was it a factory thing? and that looks ALOT like the bed i was lookin at on a luv at the scrap yard.

The 521 did not come as a kingcab from the factory, I made it, and it is the reason I joined Ratsun, I actually started it before Ratsun, and then found out about Ratsun while building it.

I pasted the back of a 520 cab onto the back of my 69 521, and then after I decided it was going to work, I cut the inside out.

Here is the build thread.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/22928-1969-datsun-kingcab-project/page__view__findpost__p__375219__hl__wayno__fromsearch__1

I bought the stepside box in a wrecking yard, it was not on anything, but it does look like the chevy luv stepside box, it actually determined the cab extension length of 14 inches.

It did start out as a 4X4, but I did not like it, so it became what it is now, a daily driver.