1967 520, parting out; offers

Sorry guys, I'm getting too old a creaky to drive and work on my truck, so it's gotta go. 67 520 with an 81 Z20s/dogleg 5speed in good running condition. Stock 4.87 rear. Front suspension in poor condition and rear brakes need wheel cylinders and park brake cables. All glass is intact, all window seals are fossilized. Cab and doors are in very good condition. Front fenders are very salvageable. Subaru Justy bucket seats that are quite comfortable. Grill is complete, and restorable, as is the front bumper.

It is not pristine, but a good source of parts. The mounts for the engine and transmission are bolt in, so could be a very easy swap for a nicer 520, early 521.

I am planning on cutting the chassis and keeping it and the bed for a trailer. Unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse.

I am in Woodland, WA and will not advertise this anywhere else. PM with questions. It does run, and it has a title (WA state)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a pretty good option with mklotz's trailer idea.

Would not be interested in shipping anything anywhere, if you want parts or the truck I'm only 1-1/2 miles off of I-5. A nice "field trip" for the SW WA, northern OR folks...

Crabby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know, sometimes one has a thought....sometimes they are good, sometimes they reek of the night soil of a male bovine.

I thought that my poor, decrepit little 520 really wasn't worth messing with any longer. Well, I was wrong. So I must apologize to all who participated in this thread, and of course, to my 520.

Reading through the Canby posts, those of mklotz and his 320, and backwoods' very nicely done 520 inspired me to re-eevaluate my decision.

I went out last weekend, put the key in the ignition, let the electric fuel pump do its thing, pumped the pedal 3 times, and the d*mn thing fired right off! The truck has been sitting outside, and has not been started in almost a year.

I figure that anything that dependable should be treated a whole lot better than I have been treating it. Plus it gets 22 mpg with the stock 4.87 rear, and is a kick in the pants to drive with the LZ20/5 speed.

So, it is getting new wheel cylinders all around, and kingpins (when I find where I put them). Then I will give it new tags and drive it daily.

Future plans- dual circuit master cylinder, new brake hoses, and "new" wheels and tires. I also need to find a few other things to complete the "look" I am going for.

So, if all goes well, the "flagship" of The Japanese Trucking Association will be back on the road in a few days. (And yes, there is and has been a logo for the JTA in existance for 36 years. Maybe I should get some printed up?)

Hey Crabbyone...I would love to see the logo for the Japanese Trucking Association! I have only seen one other 521 in Denver...NO 320s...NO 520s...a couple old cars but nothing too cool. I feel so alone:blink:...let me know what it looks like, I will rock that sticker here in the rocky mountains!

• 4 weeks later...

You may want to check out Beebani's control arm setup. It allows you to bolt up much more modern/driveable/desirable ball joint style front suspension, as well as front disc brakes.

I just bought a set for my 521..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.