Track day build w/ Troy Ermish Z24 frankenstein engine

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to tell from the full engine bay pic, but it might recirculate on the intake side. I saw the catch can with filter, then a second line running back over to the opposite side.

EDIT: Just saw the pic on this page and realized it's birds eye so you can see the whole setup. Whoops!

• Like 1

What no PCV system? OK for racing where the oil is changed more often but for the street you really should try to keep it.

Yes agreed. I had many thoughts on a pcv system/breather and I have also entertained the idea of running a vacuum pump to creat less internal resistance for the gain of hp as the engine will see alot of high rpm use. I can still modify the catch can and adapt vacuum to it. The engine has been on Troy's dyno and is good for 200 RWHP. When I got the engine there was lots missing including " the thing to fill the big hole on the side of the block" lol I had to make the breather adaption. I never had the original motor and transmission so even the parts you would never think about were missing. It took me forever just to find the seperator/ plate between the motor and transmission just to name one. The oil will be changed quite a bit, I still have to add a cooler up front as well.

Yes agreed. I had many thoughts on a pcv system/breather and I have also entertained the idea of running a vacuum pump to creat less internal resistance for the gain of hp as the engine will see alot of high rpm use. I can still modify the catch can and adapt vacuum to it. The engine has been on Troy's dyno and is good for 200 RWHP. When I got the engine there was lots missing including " the thing to fill the big hole on the side of the block" lol I had to make the breather adaption. I never had the original motor and transmission so even the parts you would never think about were missing. It took me forever just to find the seperator/ plate between the motor and transmission just to name one. The oil will be changed quite a bit, I still have to add a cooler up front as well.

The 280ZXT has a vacuum pump to run the Climate control, etc if you're looking for something off a wreaker. I'll be using the ZXT fuel pump for my Z22ET Mega Squirt setup. See the S130 isn't just a 510 parts car for the 5sp and front struts ;)

looking really good!

Thank you

is the radiator an off the shelf griffin, or custom?

The rad is a pretty much off the shelf Griffin and then re worked for this car. The one tank has been opened and a blockage plate put in to re route the coolant as both the inlet and outlet are now on the same side, the original inlet on the other tank was closed. I then welded on the catch can and coolant overflow. For some reason the material Griffin uses was really hard to get to re seal after welding, kept having pin hole leaks, it was not fun. Lots of soap and water and pressure checks..............

The front and rear coil overs are for sale they were put on for fitment and have never seen the road. They are from Troy Ermish.All the brake lines were re run all new including a bigger master cyl and Wilwood proportioning valve. Im going to use a second caliper on the rear from Wilwood and a hydraulic hand lever for my emergency brake/drifting.DSC00272f.jpgDSC00306f.jpg

The rad is a pretty much off the shelf Griffin and then re worked for this car. The one tank has been opened and a blockage plate put in to re route the coolant as both the inlet and outlet are now on the same side, the original inlet on the other tank was closed. I then welded on the catch can and coolant overflow. For some reason the material Griffin uses was really hard to get to re seal after welding, kept having pin hole leaks, it was not fun. Lots of soap and water and pressure checks..............

thanks!