the 50 shades of blue green sedan

RedBanner

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Got my goon in for body and paint this winter. Thinking Chrysler 'Citron Yella'. It's a sort of Sublime with more yellow in it. It's right up there with other Dodge/Plymouth performance colors like Gang Grape, Hi ho Silver, Frank Loyd White and Fisher body Rust.

Demon.JPG

Well, one bad ass complete 2 door sedan is the main goal.

All in all I have 3 fairly solid 2 doors. After I decide such one I'm going to do. The second best will become my little brothers.

The 3rd will become parts. If I can't get it done with the parts I have I mean.

In broader expance on that.

I have the a vision of a verry basic car. I love the 710 dashes and would like to keep that.

The rest of the interior.... At this point I'm thinking ill minamize all I can.

Sound deadning carpet, buckets, just blank door panels and rear panels. I'll make some thing that looks like a back seat, but set up for my tool box instead.

Im looking into new gauges and there's several that will fit in my current Speedo and tack locations.

I will try and get my big brother grease monkey help me with a cage. He has done some awesome stuff that turns out great.

I planon staying with an l series

Current motor build is an l20b with l18 pistons, u67 head, balanced bottom. I think the cam I have is 475 lift 280 duration.

I have a mikuni side draft intake and a matched pair of addhe solex 45's

I got a h190 figured, I got a zx 5 speed and new clutch figured, I have zx struts, proper drive line, ... I've got a lot of goodies.

I think its been repainted - it looks like it was a lighter color before (look where the little pull-tab on the fuel door is missing) Maybe even the same color as my 710, before the sun whupped it.

IMAG0228.jpg

The color does work really well for the car! Glad you are able to save this 710 from becoming one with the earth.

Idk if it is factory paint. But it was bought off the lot in 77 just to get the p.o.'s father back from eastern Oregon. Who couldn't drive so his brother bought it for him. And he gave it to his son sometime right before it was parked in 96-98.

In person you can tell its probably factory paint. But that being said it has alittlbondo in the hood. Such was either paint matched verry well or done at the factory or dealer. Only way you can tell is it rusted out underneath and popped free. Was a verry thin price such makes me think that maybe it wad a factory repair? it had to happen sometime right? I imagine a lot if not most datsuns had a blemish or 10 , they would probably have just got it close and fill it if so right?

The funny thing is the current owner (let's call him Steve) got this sedan about the same time I got mine.

We both rallied around the hills in our 710s for a while. But when mine broke I fixed it, then wrecked it after my brother wrecked it, after my other brother rolled it down a cliff.

He parked his.... I should have parked mine too. Stupid kids.

I have a rear axle from an '80-'81 S110 (200sx) which were H-165. That axle fits perfectly into my 710 goon and engages the diff splines. So you don't necessarily have to go H-190 for rear disc well unless going KA or something. If staying L20B this is a viable alternative.

My spare 710 rear axle with an S110 rear disc axle slipped in.

710discbrakeproject001Large.jpg

710discbrakeproject002Large.jpg

710discbrakeproject004Large.jpg

Late 280zx caliper/rotor. Does not mount to the S110 caliper mount. Will have to make something up.

710discbrakeproject003Large.jpg