Project 280zx converible

zracer!!!!

The roof adds strength and rigidity to the car's body, so cutting it off will cause it to flex like a sheet of paper.

the car has enough chassis strengthening throughout the car. it has a fairly ridged chassis. and im going to take a welding class next quarter so i can add some more.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so when im ready to sell do you think taking it to auction would be a good idea?

some people have suggested auctioning it off on ebay. if i set a min and said buyer takes care of shipping i don't think it would be to bad of an idea

look if your building it to make a profit off of just stop right now.

cuz its not going to happen.

• Like 3

Apply my 2/3s rule. Add up all your costs and do all your own labor for free. When your car sells (if it sells) the winning bid will be 2/3s what you expected. This is what being a Datsun owner is about. It isn't what the car is worth, it's owning and working on them. It's enjoying them. The money lost? well think of it as an enjoyment tax.

look if your building it to make a profit off of just stop right now.

cuz its not going to happen.

well im not more just as a summer cruiser im just curious.

Apply my 2/3s rule. Add up all your costs and do all your own labor for free. When your car sells (if it sells) the winning bid will be 2/3s what you expected. This is what being a Datsun owner is about. It isn't what the car is worth, it's owning and working on them. It's enjoying them. The money lost? well think of it as an enjoyment tax.

mmmmm so yeah i wouldn't make a profit haha

not even close.

I sold a perfectly mint 280zx for 2k.

and the convertible is going to be a very very.... very... nitch market.

280zx in general doesnt have the ability to be flipped like some other dattos.

the market resale values arnt that great.

Yep I agree with the rest of the guys the problem with a lot of people that invest in these cars think there going to hit a jack pot when it's actually the other way around. We buy & drive Datsuns for the pure enjoyment and reliablility as well as being about to work on them ourselves. I can tell how many people there is out there that don't know squat about there car just like the time Skib was here in Medford as asked a older guy about his 280zx.

Like Skib said if your looking to get a big profit stop where your at. I have seen so many 280zx's even 240z, 260z, 280z's way overpriced and take years if not ever sell, why because theres not a set market for these like there is for American muscle cars.

• Like 1

Yep I agree with the rest of the guys the problem with a lot of people that invest in these cars think there going to hit a jack pot when it's actually the other way around. We buy & drive Datsuns for the pure enjoyment and reliablility as well as being about to work on them ourselves. I can tell how many people there is out there that don't know squat about there car just like the time Skib was here in Medford as asked a older guy about his 280zx.

Like Skib said if your looking to get a big profit stop where your at. I have seen so many 280zx's even 240z, 260z, 280z's way overpriced and take years if not ever sell, why because theres not a set market for these like there is for American muscle cars.

dude i feel it. all the cars i have restored to flip in the past have been american muscle. i just got this car for under 1k and then immediately re-listed it higher with the same pictures while i fixed some things and recently took it down because i started to really like this car and want to keep it. im really not looking to flip this car though

American Muscle and Japanese Tin will start to flip flop in ten years. In 20 years the majority of the high end cars will be classic Japanese. It's what was popular 30 years ago that dictates what is the "gotta have" car. I think the C10 Skyline GTR will be the first million dollar collectable Japanese car. American muscle is popular now because that is what is desirable in the 60's and 70's. Japanese stuff started getting popular in the early 80's and has a huge following and that's what will become the new desireable market

The 280ZX has long been overlooked with it's crappy stock stance. There are few 280ZXs that have wheels that come out close to flush to make these cars look so much better. It's a great car to buy right now because I don't think there is anything like it for the price. They are super rare around here since they all rotted away.

Convertibles are worth whatever someone is going to pay for them which generally means it sits for sale forever. There were three of them for sale last year all in Northern WA one of which was this one. Cars are crappy investments. Rarity often doesn't have anything to do with value (cars or otherwise). There's a 240Z with a V8 swap and convertible locally that has been for sale for well over a year. I think it's down to $4K. If it wasn't a convertible it would have been sold a long time ago.

As datzenmike said you gotta do it for the love the car otherwise it's just a money pit.

• Like 1

I don`t know ,, like i posted before just kinda like it in a weird sorta demented way..And my brother being a fiberglass wizard, it will trip him out also..Just random frontal pictures from a bunch of angles.

AND the fact there is way more text to pics in this build thread than allowed per the rules..

I don`t know ,, like i posted before just kinda like it in a weird sorta demented way..And my brother being a fiberglass wizard, it will trip him out also..Just random frontal pictures from a bunch of angles.

AND the fact there is way more text to pics in this build thread than allowed per the rules..

there is a txt/pics rule -_- hahaha sure ill get some pics for you

ok well there you go! the seats are not yet bolted down thats why there crooked. im bolting them down today