Project 280zx converible

zracer!!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody want to buy this car off of me? just spent close to 700 on interior and it runs amazingly. all new ignition system all new fluids. had a change in my life and im not gonna be able to have 2 cars so i need to sell this one sadly because it would not be practical for me to be daily driven :*/ i have all new body parts for the front end all new interior pretty much and the top will seal with a little work too. found no rust but a little bubble starting to form in the paint in the back of the car and the small rock chips in the front of the hood. idk what the price is but im gonna list it in the for sale also. is a sad day for me but i would rather sell it to somebody on here then to somebody like the guy i got it from who would do more distasteful things to the car. let me know if you have any questions and pm me and i will send you my contact info. thanks for everything so far guys!

You can put it in the for sale section just put a price, some good details about the car and, all the parts your selling with it. Sucks you have to sell it but you might find another one later on 280zx are everywhere for sale.

thanks yeah i doubt i will find another convertible like this since this one, besides the front, was done extremely well. maybe just a 280 coupe turbo

thanks yeah i doubt i will find another convertible like this since this one, besides the front, was done extremely well. maybe just a 280 coupe turbo

Well regarless these car are for sale often you can go on CL and find quite a few. A T-Top would be good enough for me my 280zx is a slicktop which is what prefer not a huge fan of convertibles but to each there own. The Turbo ones are just as easy to find as long as there well maintained.

Wow that lasted long.

Yeah, but he was posting right off the bat he was thinking of flipping it ,,so he wasn`t hiding anything... I wish i could let go of stuff this easily ,, my yard and my garages MY LIFE! would be so much less cluttered.. :lol:

:)

Yeah, but he was posting right off the bat he was thinking of flipping it ,,so he wasn`t hiding anything... I wish i could let go of stuff this easily ,, my yard and my garages MY LIFE! would be so much less cluttered.. :lol:

:)

haha yeah im a pretty forward person! it is sad though. ima be moving into the dorms so its gonna be a struggle to have 1 car

so i sold my cadillac the other day a little after i listed this for sale so it looks like this is the car i am going to keep haha. i need to water proof asap! just a little update. also does anybody have any experience with these cams? http://schneidercams.com/turbocharged-3.aspx

what kind of power gain will i experience with a mild to mid range cam and a tune.

Read this man.

http://www.xenons130.com/l28et.html

Find a C camshaft it's considered a "hot" cam for the L28ET's. Make sure your head is a solid lifter or you will not be able to change the camshaft if you have a hydraulic lifters. P90A heads had hydraulic lifters but there are also P90A with solid lifters so make sure to take the valve cover off and look.

Here's another good link gives your a ton of info.

http://pape.ws/allan_and_rosanne/Z-Car_Stuff/Bryan-Little/Datsun%20L6%20Performance%20Tips.htm

• Like 1

Read this man.

http://www.xenons130.com/l28et.html

Find a C camshaft it's considered a "hot" cam for the L28ET's. Make sure your head is a solid lifter or you will not be able to change the camshaft if you have a hydraulic lifters. P90A heads had hydraulic lifters but there are also P90A with solid lifters so make sure to take the valve cover off and look.

Here's another good link gives your a ton of info.

http://pape.ws/allan...rmance Tips.htm

wow those are some very good articles i never knew that turbo cams and N/A cams were different!

wow those are some very good articles i never knew that turbo cams and N/A cams were different!

Why are you even wanting a cam there really is no need until you further modify the engine. Why not start small and move your way up, intercooler with blow off valve would be a start, next you can do Megasquirt, and then port & polish and port match the head that's where most of secret is to unlock more power.

Why are you even wanting a cam there really is no need until you further modify the engine. Why not start small and move your way up, intercooler with blow off valve would be a start, next you can do Megasquirt, and then port & polish and port match the head that's where most of secret is to unlock more power.

because they are fairly cheap. about the same as a port and polish and i would prolly change the cam then port and polish in the same week. ima go junk yard/craigslist diving for a bov. isnt mega squirt like 1k? i think i remember all that kind of stuff was hella pricey.

Then you probably need to do a ton of reading and research so you know what your getting into, HybridZ.org is my favorite forum for research the L-6 engines are pretty well covered all you would to do is search and read there is a ton of info basically lade out part for part. We all had to do it.

• Like 1