Lost my job... Parts garage sale

Unfortunately I lost my day job last friday, to hopefully keep the ship afloat long enough to get unemployment started, or find another job, I dug around in my storage for parts I thought I would probably never end up using... I took pictures of everything, but they aren't the greatest...

1) I've got a complete Dual SU carb set up for an L6 (240/260/280z)... E41 casting intake manifold... The linkage, etc appears to be complete operational, and VERY clean... I just noticed that these are 2 bolt SU carbs on the 4 bolt manifold... They may be better off seperated??? I was told they came off a running car. They are NOT "normal" flat top square mouth SU carbs from a 260z. Asking $150 shipped?

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

2) A late 280Z/zx intake manifold w/ linkage rod, and egr stuff... $40 shipped.

IMG_2709.jpg

3) A pair of pretty decent Z quarter panel emblems... Nice chrome, paint decent. Not show pieces, but respectable driver pieces... $ 20 shipped

IMG_2711.jpg

4) One L6 valve cover, the "NISSAN • OHC has been shaved off in a mill, and powder coated hammer tone gray. In the left on the picture $50 shipped.

IMG_2714.jpg

5) One L4 valve cover w/ NISSAN • OHC lettering, and Nissan motor Co. Oil cap, nothing special about it. Has bolts. $35 shipped.

IMG_2716.jpg

6) One LD28 intake manifold (diesel maxima, L28 converted to diesel)... I procured this because I thought it could be made into a "KICK ASS" L28 efi manifold and really increase torque because of it's long runners. I never got around to modifying it to be able to be used on a Z... If a handy fab guy got a hold of this it could also be modified to be an amazing L4 efi manifold.. Runners are 35mm compared to normal Z intake 30mm, this intake supposedly flows 36% more than a conventional efi Z car intake. $110.shipped.

IMG_2719.jpg

7) A dual SU carb set up for an L4. 220 casting intake manifold. Round top, 2 bolt SU's. Linkage appears to be complete and operational, very clean setup. Was told these came off a running car. SOLD

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

8) Dual TB set up off a Z32... I bought this because I was planning to make a dual throttle body intake for a L6 Z car utilizing an early carb manifold and throttle bodies insteal of carbs. Both throttle bodies, TPS, etc, and the middle linkage think to work both throttle bodies. $75 shipped

IMG_2723.jpg

9) I have one set of L24 connecting rods. $75 shipped.

IMG_2726.jpg

10) One w53 L4 cylinder head... I think this is pretty rare, or some kind of "blem" at the factory... I pulled it off a 520/521 in a junkyard about 7-8 years ago. It appears to have been recently rebuilt at the time, I can still see blueing in the spark plug threads, as well as some places in the combustion chamber, and in the ports. It appears to have been resurfaced. It appears to have 42mm intake valves, and 35mm exhaust valves. It is a closed chamber head, and the strange thing is that it is a round port head, even though the W53 was never reported to have been a round port, and it appears as if that the round port exhaust liners have never been installed EVER. The casing number by the #1 spark plug is W53... it IS a round port. SOLD

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

Can send more picture upon desire.

• Like 1
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the strangest head I've ever seen. It clearly says W53 but has the round ports. It has the EFI bolt holes but not the EFI notches. And it doesn't have the holes for the intake coolant circuit. And the casting marks (the NISSAN JAPAN W53) part don't look normal at all. Looks like a factory prototype, or more likely a 1980s replacement head. But upon further inspection those ports look a little odd... like they've had machine work done on them.

I hear ya man! My wife's been out of work for over a year and sometimes it's tough. I need B310 stuff and lots of it! Good Luck with the job hunt and I hope you find something or can find side stuff while you're on unemployment.

That's the strangest head I've ever seen. It clearly says W53 but has the round ports. It has the EFI bolt holes but not the EFI notches. And it doesn't have the holes for the intake coolant circuit. And the casting marks (the NISSAN JAPAN W53) part don't look normal at all. Looks like a factory prototype, or more likely a 1980s replacement head. But upon further inspection those ports look a little odd... like they've had machine work done on them.

I can take better pictures of the ports... They are completely unported, and look to be straight out of the "sand cast" mold? As you've noted, it does have the EFI manifold bolt holes, and now that you've mentioned it, no EFI notches... I knew it was some "magic" head when I pulled it off, which is why I kept/bought it...

Better pics, maybe- they look like they have some weird taper going on right at the edge. Maybe that's where the gasket wasn't making contact, but I don't think so. It really looks like a beveled edge.

They deffinitely do have some weird taper right at the port edge...

intake port:

IMG_2733.jpg

exhaust port:

IMG_2731.jpg

All ports:

IMG_2729.jpg

It really looks like you could port the "$#17" out of this head for a good performance gain.

I wonder... if someone didn't weld the hell out of that and then re-machine the exhaust ports. Maybe they didn't know that roundport peanut heads existed. Something just doesn't look right. I had my E15s head welded on (to remove pitting around the coolant passages) and you'd never know where the welds were after the surface was milled, shy using a magnifying glass.

I wonder... if someone didn't weld the hell out of that and then re-machine the exhaust ports. Maybe they didn't know that roundport peanut heads existed. Something just doesn't look right. I had my E15s head welded on (to remove pitting around the coolant passages) and you'd never know where the welds were after the surface was milled, shy using a magnifying glass.

I'll take some better pictures tomorrow... It's really nothing short of some magical head... I also though for sure that the liners had been jerked out, and that it couldn't have been factory, but if appears as if it has been cast right out of the mold.

If it ever had liners, you would see some kind of grinding done, as they have nubs that stick out to hold the liner centered.

DSCN0254.jpg

DSCN0255.jpg

That is the strangest W53 head I have ever seen, but it would make a good upgrade to replace the W58 head possibly.

I am suspecting that the exhaust manifold was as rare as the head, didn't happen to grab that also?

Wish I had the money, that would be the 3rd differant version that I have seen/owned.

Would those second set of of carbs fit the l20b?? If so I would be interested on payday I mean friday lol

They will bolt onto the L20b, but it might take bit of thinking to get the linkage to work with whatever you want to put it on...

7) A dual SU carb set up for an L4. 220 casting intake manifold. Round top, 2 bolt SU's. Linkage appears to be complete and operational, very clean setup. Was told these came off a running car. $220 shippped.

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

I think those are imported SSS 38mm carbs. If so, thats a good price!

I think those are imported SSS 38mm carbs. If so, thats a good price!

I measured them at appx 36mm at the opening on the outside (not the manifold side)... Both the L4 and L6 set measure the same.

Anyway I tried to get some better pics of the magic head today... There looks to be absolutely NO griding done, but it seems there is plenty of meat right at the opening to the manifolds that can be opened up... Pics still aren't that great, I had to use a flash light to try to shine in the ports

EXHAUST PORT:

IMG_5613.jpg

IMG_5611.jpg

IMG_5610.jpg

INTAKE PORT:

IMG_5609.jpg

IMG_5606.jpg

IMG_5602.jpg

As of now everything is still available... I also have a 620 KC parts truck (no title unfortunately), I had a guy stop by today that said he has a 4x4 1975 620 std. cab, he bought a tail gate, and pass. side door off of me...

Is that head a sand casting? Just wondering, some pics you have there make the unmachined alloy look awfully rough like a SC. :)

I was told many years ago that they are most likely L20a carbs (also an L6, but never made it to the US to my knowledge)... I believe they are the same carbs as the SSS carbs also... They are 2 bolt carbs on a 4 bolt manifold, not the right carbs for the manifold, but workable.

Maybe worth more if I try to pick up a 2 bolt L4 manifold and put it together that way.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.