H5's 1979......510 2Dr Hatch.....Rally Project

H5WAGON

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got all the carpet ripped out...vacuumed and sprayed out....the smell is half gone. :poop:

The fun part of getting a junker....stripping it all out for a fresh start... B)

IMAG4237.jpg

IMAG4238.jpg

IMAG4240.jpg

IMAG4146.jpg

After...

IMAG4249.jpg

IMAG4250.jpg

IMAG4245.jpg

IMAG4248.jpg

Now that all the crap is out..EVERYTHING....ants, potato bugs, spider etc.

Some of the interior will go back in....all panels may get painted black, the BROWN is killing me.

So now I get to strip out the engine bay of all the stuff I wont be using or taking out to paint.

Will also be hooking up a battery and testing all the electrical with my son. I noticed I will need at least one new front rotor. And the process of making a list of what I need to get it running and driving.

Need to one more good wash on the outside also.....and clean the grime off the windows.

Loving your project.

New found love for the HL.

Thanks! Well I could not resist to do something with the shell....No big hurry to get it finished, but by Canby or Blue Lake is right around the corner. I should make it.

Brown is terrible. You can get vinyl spray and make it look like new with a different color. Go with tan, maybe?

Black...Vinyl spary!

Might do the dash if I get ambisous. one seat is from another newer 510 it's black, the other is brown.

I have some SU's that I had for sale, but I might put those on the L16 to work the bugs out. :angel: They havent been on a car in some time.

The main thing, this car is mainly for fun, with my 12 year old helping me....To earn driving leasons. :devil: ....we shall see....lolz

Wish the PL510 front valance came off this easy......Clean and paint behind grill area.

Strip and paint Valance. Little projects for my son.

IMAG4309.jpg

The gears will stay in the car until it's running.... :sleep: Which may be a few months, this is a slow project. Although all I really need to drive it would be a clutch for the L16....And I don't have the L16 yet. Once Draynors swap L20 swap is done, things will move a bit faster. Weather permitting.. :crying: