H5's 1979......510 2Dr Hatch.....Rally Project

H5WAGON

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to get some 3.54s! ????????????

Why?that 4 banger will really be slow pulling off the line

Are you asking me why I'd want 3.54s? I have lots of torque. But I agree, an L16 will need deeper gears to be fun. That's why I offered to trade if H5 was interested. Offer still stands. I picked up a spare wagon rearend from greasemonky when he was parting one out. I never checked it to see if it's got 3.70s or 3.90s but if you guys get to that point let me know and I'll find out.

Keep up the progress. I love seeing cars brought back from the dead.

• Like 1

Thanks! I want it to turn out good :D

Total score...... Might not do the search light on the roof :poke:

i would skip the spot light through the roof, because i had a friend in high school with one and it clacked your skull all the time..Those cheap plastic hand held ones can be re-bulbed to put out more light.... BUT,, a wall of lights whether on the roof or on front of car would be cool..

...And you have a few years to trade the 4X4 guys in your school outta their extras,, as they knock them off on a regular basis,, or they have poser trucks and change them if they get rusty..

I like the safety of the bigger bumpers for a young dude in a high school parking lot i would run them

Jrock took this picture and i think the look is badass...i know it`s an older car but the thought is the same..

4BE59FBC-5353-40EF-96C8-3A3F427CECDC-803-000000B8BD39C74E.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

My dad(H5WAGON) is like "No! I wanna do the search light on the roof, it'll look good!" I said No, I want it to look GOOD without the search light, we are doing lights on front with some lights we would have put on my dads wagon B). '79 with lights on front... Heh. Ima make it how I want, MY CAR! :thumbup: We want it done by Blue Lake.... We'll try!!

Got my motor pulled from draynor1995's car! He took the L20. Gonna work on my car since computer crashed(My desktop, not laptop) :D

Still working on draynors swap as of now... second day we've been doing it....

• 6 months later...

Well time will tell...I might be able to scrap together enough parts to get a KA in this...If not the 1600 to get it rolling.

Now to do my dogleg in my wagon so this car has a trans for the 1600....Plan B...lol  or is this plan G :rofl:

IMAG6144.jpg?t=1371183100

Got it stripped down today...pulled the head, still not turning...little rusty in the cylinders.

Pulled front cover also...timing chain guide was toast also....this one lived a hard life.

Mike and I put one of the ka's in the 79 yesterday. To see how ti lined up and for storage mainly  :P 

It actually fits really nice, besides the oil pan barley hitting the sway bar....Now to do the rest  :hairy:  :rofl: 

IMG_1544_zpsd1286d49.jpg

IMG_1571_zps6a8c4778.jpg

IMG_1563_zpse0d4e217.jpg

IMG_1546_zps8638c879.jpg

IMG_1547_zps092c844d.jpg

[url=http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/draynor1995/media/IMG_1561_zps896fe503.jpg.html]

IMG_1561_zps896fe503.jpg[/uR