Sightings 2, the not a datsun but... Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A friend of mine's Mom owned the Toy Store in San Antonio and dealt mostly in Corvettes, but the daily driver was a 928S. Wouldn't mind having one myself. I like the shape, looks like it was carved out of a bar of soap.

I just never really liked that 928, Just a little too much like a bar of soap. I think you hit it right on the head.  :rofl:

• Like 1

I had a 86 928s. Solid it last fall. Great looking car (I had 18" turbo twists and a slight roll).

https://imageshack.com/i/jj44zhj

It was a GREAT dd. Nice and quiet, excellent road manners, super comfey seats, awesome brakes (giant brembos), decent fuel mileage, excellent rumble from the 5.0l although not very Porsche like. The are electrical nightmares though, and although fast in 1986, not really by todays standards

basically it did everything well enough and with so little drama that it was boring and I ditched it. I prefer my porches air cooled light weight, and stick shift.

Yeah, the quickness of it was a bit on the lame side, I never took mine down the track, but it was probably a high 13 second to low 14 car, which is not terrible, but the top speed...well, I don't really know, because I chickened out at a little over 150 mph, but it was still gaining some. 

F2575890-2C8D-4C47-B30B-EC63002955E4_zps

If you look reeeaaalllllly close and squint you can see a Ford GT pulled over in front of the CHP.  This was on an off-ramp and a flat bed tow truck had just pulled up.  With no real info I can only assume the driver was traveling at such a high rate of speed he got arrested and the GT impounded. ;)