Sightings 2, the not a datsun but... Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, another good day for old Chevy trucks. Today at the Denton TX Airport. '66 semi daily driver.

IMAG0487_zps1c3d7432.jpg

LS1 drive train, modern suspension and brakes, A/C, power everything. New truck with a classic body.

IMAG0489_zpsd87ca68e.jpg

The owner said he didn't try to make it perfect because he didn't want to be afraid to drive it. Hard to tell what his idea of perfect is.

IMAG0490_zps05aeb143.jpg

I just know that this will never see a load of rocks from the local quarry.

IMAG0491_zpsff19846b.jpg

Truck is a 63 I believe, nice.

I can't really spot the difference between 61/62/63, just know the wraparound windshield is earlier, and straight windshield is 64/65/66. What makes you say '63? Grill?

No idea when the "Custom Cab" option appeared, but plenty of those are fakes anyway...  

I can't really spot the difference between 61/62/63, just know the wraparound windshield is earlier, and straight windshield is 64/65/66. What makes you say '63? Grill?

No idea when the "Custom Cab" option appeared, but plenty of those are fakes anyway...  

Right, well I can't be 100% sure, but yes, the grill is a 63. But all that stuff can be swapped around with some ease, so without getting close, it's tough.

all that stuff can be swapped around with some ease

That's the problem.   ^_^

When I was in my early 20s I had a '65 Custom Cab and my dad had a '63 regular cab. We swapped grills because he wanted the late steel grill (to get it chromed) and I wanted the early aluminum grill. Confounded a lot of people who knew those trucks well...   :P

Also converted his into a Custom Cab at the same time. I miss those trucks...

From today...

'55 Chevy

6175d1dcb11611e394b70a1cf42a31d4_8.jpg

Early 50s Ford?

07faee60b12c11e3955d12f16c4a20ef_8.jpg

• Like 1

Ford looks 51(ish). I like those 60 to 66 trucks myself and have had a number of them. At a glance, all I can really tell you is just like you said, it's a 60 to 63 or a 64 to 66 cab. Now, I can crawl around it a little bit and figure it out usually. Like the 63, this is my personal favorite, because it has the 'knee knocker' cab but was the first year with the coil spring/ arm front suspension. You can make one into just about any year you wish and fool even the sharpest of eyes, because stuff is for the most part, bolt on.

I like that manx!

I like the buggy in the post above too, but it's not a Manx  ;)    It looks like a copy of a Manx, which many companies did back in the day.

But a real Manx never had a ridge in the hood like that.

I like the buggy in the post above too, but it's not a Manx  ;)    It looks like a copy of a Manx, which many companies did back in the day.

But a real Manx never had a ridge in the hood like that.

Yeah, so many people do that. I have got used to it. I have a real one. I think that one was made in Vancouver, WA.

Driving down the Oregon coast and I saw this long wheelbase and Diesel Toyota Landcruiser for sale. The guy wants 15k for it as is.  This thing seems like the ultimate offroad family mobile.

WP_20140320_004.jpg

WP_20140320_002.jpg

WP_20140320_001.jpg

That thing is awesome, I would love to have that.

• Like 1

Driving down the Oregon coast and I saw this long wheelbase and Diesel Toyota Landcruiser for sale. The guy wants 15k for it as is.  This thing seems like the ultimate offroad family mobile.

WP_20140320_004.jpg

WP_20140320_002.jpg

WP_20140320_001.jpg

Toyota fj45 troopy. This is worth every bit of that 15k. Awesome and rare.

WP_20140320_004.jpg

WP_20140320_002.jpg

WP_20140320_001.jpg

is this thin next to nasa ...?

Chevy LUV on I-35 northbound in Denton TX on it's way to the drag strip in 5 miles from my home in Sanger. I get to see a lot of really cool drag cars on the highway and sometimes I get to take a pictures of them  while there strapped down and trailered in extremely odd ways

IMAG04941_zps1b56d442.jpg

ftfy

i always wondered that if u can afford to take some bad ass rig to race on the weekends why the hell cant u afford to buy a 2500 trailer?

ftfy

i always wondered that if u can afford to take some bad ass rig to race on the weekends why the hell cant u afford to buy a 2500 trailer?

And hell, that might be just shakedown runs. A truck like that could be licensed for street use. I've seen plenty of dudes here build stuff like that and shake it down at the track, not on the street.   :rofl:

Or, also common practice, if you have a street legal race car, you take it to the track on a trailer so if it breaks you have a way home.  B)

Owning your own trailer obviously has it's own merits.  :thumbup:

I think my best move made so far in not being hassled is getting old. As a younger guy, I could not have made it past my mailbox without the swat team zip lining down on me in that truck. These days, as long as I'm not driving like as ass, they take a look at me and just turn their head for the most part. Not that I drive it far or often.