Sightings 2, the not a datsun but... Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the Denton TX airport. 1934 Ford Bonnie and Clyde Special. OK, it's a 2 door sedan, not a 4 door sedan, but the 2 door makes a much cooler street rod. It is incredibly straight and clean. Not a single ripple in the body The license plate says it all. This car is absolutely beautiful.

IMAG0381_zps2addece7.jpg

IMAG0380_zpsda61bd5c.jpg

A prop Thompson machine gun for pictures. The photographer used my phone and didn't fully move the lens guard out of the way.

IMAG0378_zps2d3c0334.jpg

• Like 1

My friend Larry's latest barn find. Very rare, super clean unrestored original condition 1964 Ford Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe with a 289 and 4 speed tranny. Found in a small town in Kansas and now resides in Childress TX.

DSCN1801_zps2c18bbb3.jpg

Slapped 4 new tires on her and drove her home.

DSCN1800_zps1676564a.jpg

A very nice car. When I say barn find I really mean it.The car was started and run every couple of months and occasionally run down the road to keep everything working. Larry thinks that barn finds aren't as cool If they are washed and shined up. I tend to agree.

DSCN1799_zpsfd076ecb.jpg

• Like 2

Sighted at the Jack-In-The-Box  parking lot in Sanger TX. Small block 355 CI 500 hp Chevy Vega drag car. He was checking out recent mods at the 1/8 mile strip a couple of miles south of town. He said the car was really quick if the driver did his part. The gauge where the tail light used to be is a volt meter. Battery cut off switch is where the trunk key used to be. Studs on either side of the switch is for jumper cables.

DSCN1879_zps24f31840.jpg

DSCN1881_zps5e6d7335.jpg

DSCN1882_zps3566fb1c.jpg

• Like 2

^^Fo reals tho! I was ready to offer up my Pathfinder as a trade....like anyone would go for that :rofl: I half way thought about putting it in my Pathfinder and taking it with me :devil: It was small enough.

I found one out here, I could've bought it for $200 rust free, but I was still in Oklahoma at the time. My junkyard buddy out there has a bunch of X1/9s and a yugo, so I snagged a late 1500 and a set of Abarth wheels. then I was broke when We got moved and the fiat went to the crusher.

The yugo was based off of that car and I've owned 12 of them.....

I found one out here, I could've bought it for $200 rust free, but I was still in Oklahoma at the time. My junkyard buddy out there has a bunch of X1/9s and a yugo, so I snagged a late 1500 and a set of Abarth wheels. then I was broke when We got moved and the fiat went to the crusher.

The yugo was based off of that car and I've owned 12 of them.....

The Fiat went to the crusher? :crying:

Sighted at the north side Denton TX Quicktrip. Un-restored original condition 1974 Cadillac Fleetwood Talisman Sixty-Special Brougham. Damn, that's a long name for a car. No dents, no rust, limo like interior in very good condition. Paint has a nice patina. Owned by an older African-American Gentleman that bought it new. Thought he was doing with his car what my Dad would have done with my 1200 sedan if he was still with us. Drive it forever!

IMAG0439_zps87224695.jpg

• Like 1