new-ish to ratsun

so after trolling around and asking a few questions on here, i've finally decided i should introduce myself. this seems like the kinda place i fit into, though i'm not as much of a gearhead(yet) as many of you on here are, i've been wanting to learn for years. just never had the time, money, and space all at the same time to do anything until now. my names zac, i live in vancouver washington, been into datsuns in general for about 5 years now, but i've had a special love for early z cars, especially the 280's, since i was 5 years old (i'm 25 now). i've owned a total of 3, 2 of which were never running in the time i owned them, and the third i've been using as a daily for the last 2 months. i still have one of the other 2, havent been able to work on it at all until about 3 months ago due to lack of space(was at my parents house, finally bought myself a house with a big ass garage :thumbup: ) and the first one got scrapped by tweakers at my buddies grandpas house. i just today bought a 510 goon to use as a daily/backup for my girl, since we needed another car with more than 2 seats after my 97 200sx died on me, and she has a 5 year old. i'm slowly converting her to the dark side, she loves the goon a lot lol. i've been on here a lot the last 2 months or so, and theres really only one reason i've waited so long to introduce myself...OICS!!!! i finally figured out how to pull em off my old school dumb phone so i can post em on here. so without further ado, the thing you guys actually give a shit about...

the goon

124631eb.jpg

de5186ec.jpg

5b0e89df.jpg

the non-running 75 280z with an f54 block and a p79 head. its gonna be a loooong process mainly because i'm slow and learning

05bee13f.jpg

ee0dab86.jpg

902e78f5.jpg

f9002714.jpg

1b61c217.jpg

243ab7cd.jpg

8ef3d5e4.jpg

the daily driver until i get the goon licensed. 60 mile round trip for work at 18 miles to the gallon is killing me

f4bf87f8.jpg

41dbd472.jpg

9c2f075a.jpg

58d8e499.jpg

b3c52dc3.jpg

and so ya'll can put a face to it all, i dont mind if ppl introduce themselves :sneaky: its usually more of a frohawk, but every now and then my girl straightens it

0d4150dd.jpg

enjoy :devil:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

124631eb.jpg

and so ya'll can put a face to it all, i dont mind if ppl introduce themselves :sneaky: its usually more of a frohawk, but every now and then my girl straightens it

0d4150dd.jpg

enjoy :devil:

Nice goon....

.......................frohawk

Looks like the local barbers handy work ,..... they call it the roosterfro special.............. :D

@darrel yes i do, no you cant see them :rofl:

@ nice machine, it is 4 tone, you missed the black. i've been told it was/is(not sure which) nissans lemans racing color scheme, but havent been able to concretely confirm that.

@banana, yep, it is. long ways from vancouver, but when i got there i thought i had died and went to heaven. and then i started looking around the car and realized that i had died and gone to heaven. i do believe its just a single carb right now, not positive. first car i've ever owned thats not FI and i didnt see anything obvious so i assumed it was under the air filter like the only other carb'd engine i've ever been close enough to touch too was, and really didnt wanna start pulling sht apart if i was gonna drive it 130 miles or so home. that and i was in awe at the fact that i was about to buy a virtually rust free, as in a few tiny spots of surface rust i think the worst place rusted are the visor connection arms lol, 68 goon (tho the title says 69, gotta look at the badge under the hood when it gets light out again) with a rebuilt l20b with around 2k miles on it. and mike, it wont be much lower for the time being if at all until i get something else that can haul ppl, and have enough time and money to work on tucking the exhaust up some. i dont know if bill did it himself, im assuming so, but the lowest point of the exhaust is only about 2 or 3 inches off the ground right now lol

way i look at the color scheme is nobody'll wanna steal it (at least not the junior amatuer car thief wannabes around here) cause it the color scheme is too eye catching, and the cops seem to ignore it cause i'm assuming that they think nobody is dumb enough to do 80-90 down i5 in a car painted like that(those of you from the portland/vancouver area know what i mean, for the rest of you, the stretch of i5 i drive the most on i a 50 mph limit, and the cops dont like you doing 55...) but there have been thoughts to go for the flat black ratrod kind of look, or this...548042_404740632894400_715637739_n.jpg :thumbup: just gonna need a loooooot more money for this

took a few more oics of the goon.

found i have a bit more clearance than i first thought, so it may go a bit lower, not by much tho

6fa51c4f.jpg

need the clips for the bottom part of this trim before i can put it back on

dbc55db8.jpg

engine

53568fce.jpg

id tag

1ee26d85.jpg

front seat, pristine dash :thumbup:

b3692169.jpg

every floorboard round the car looks like this or better

b00ec5ef.jpg

and for the compliments paid and the person asking...

a706052c.jpg

c1c65a8b.jpg

sorry u have to deal with my ugly ass in the second one :devil:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/comeau-lettering-and-pinstriping/109705932397873

was done by some aquaintances of mine. my mom taught both of their kids(who now work for them/with them) and one of my buddies is best friends with their kids. they do great work overall above is their facebook page. anyone that goes to the wendsday night drags at PIR has probably seen old gold run, its their pride and joy lol.