Dimeton Abbey

freetheoranges

Sooo is your car better than what it was? sounds like some minor things, bleed the brakes, adjust carb, "I" would get an aftermarket radiator my stock got hot tanked and didn't do the job for my motor...

Yeah, mate, in a sense. It's back to DD which is great. Downshifting helps with stopping, trying to cut back on air-braking.

EDIT: I'm never really driving fast merely just traveling between two points in time. Slowly.

I also need a 510 oil pan and they be MIA at the moment. Umm "fixed" the accel rod from falling out with a chopstick and broke it in place. Erm..

I bought 3 gallons of distiller water and I haven't had to use any! Strange. Very peculiar. I will look into Koyo.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful thos carb adapters can crack if over tighten. Then bad idle proplems.

I like the tall cast ones as in lower photo

freethe oranges

stock hitachis cam with a cutoff valve in later years. Most people buy manual choke webers and then have dieseling issues. a weber 32/36 DGEV-IC is the weber that has the cutoff idle circut.Not all webers can be converted. the idle hole is larger on these base part weber bodies. So idle jets are different holder size also

put the fake minilites back on

• Like 1

Hainz

Hated the fake minilites. Dude I sold them to I believe had them on CL for another hundo than I sold them to him for.

No Ragrets

So I'm driving down the road when passenger side tire jerks right with loud thunk.

Progression to today;

Underside very gross and wet(unrelated), lost front brakes at gas station.

When I got out of my dime, a man filling up his truck said "early warning system you got there? ..." [(My caliper sounded like it was flapping about and LOUD)].

Filled up, pumped brakes. Enough to stop in second (gear). Did some errands and then considered driving home to my tools atop a mountain or stay on level ground with noise and grinding I assume. Caliper probably.

I considered my options and am now at the gf's about 2 miles from work parked outside on a street as always.

I'll drive home tomorrow after work to determine the cause.

If I had gone home and fucked up somehow I'd have no way to get down a steep mountain.

Busta Nut says new master, I agree! I also probably need new pads but .................................

FUCK

I turn thirty [30] in _12_ days and I want to spend it with my dime! And maybe a woman. And maybe scotch. And definitely Mary Jane.

ADVICE time...................................

Can freetheoranges install a master cylinder? Can he bleed the system for errors and fix if necessary? Next time on FTO fucks shit up ......

Will no progress be made? Will FTO die inside his dime in a fireball explosion on his 30th birthday?

MC's are easy… just make sure to hit those line nuts with some PB blaster a day or two ahead of time. If you bend or snap those you'll have to replace them. If they come off clean then its a total of about 6 nuts… and a friend to push the pedal. Or get some russel speed bleeders and do it yourself. I can look up the part numbers on the speed bleeders, I just put them in my car

• Like 2

Dude, fuckin fix that shit it's not that hard man. I'm sure you got some friends who can lend a hand if need be. Need that swift kick in the nads :sneaky:

You rub me the wrong way, so let me let you have your way with me at Canby!

I have like one friend that hangs out with me aside from Ratsun/ Datsun people, co-workers, or my girlfriend. So suck my ass! Let's be friends and hang out! :rofl:

• Like 2

You rub me the wrong way, so let me let you have your way with me at Canby!

I have like one friend that hangs out with me aside from Ratsun/ Datsun people, co-workers, or my girlfriend. So suck my ass! Let's be friends and hang out! :rofl:

I'm just giving you shit man, I just get the feel that if you keep having problems your gunna throw in the towel and it'll be up for sale and I hate when that happens (did that once and regret it). I keep pestering so you fix what needs to be so you can drive and enjoy it

• Like 1