Dimeton Abbey

freetheoranges

I don't know if this is common with anyone else but every night I dream vivid landscapes with my Datsun. Mostly interstates in Washington for some reason. Sometimes it's at a chop shop where I work part time so I can work on my dime, and my second vehicle is a trucker rig with no trailer. I'm trying to get to the point I can trailer my dime when I'm not worried about its performance. Lots of round-about on ramp and off ramps. Night time driving only. Lots of red lights yellow lights and green lights. Random faces my mind creates. Random Datsun imagery and roads/ dime challenges. Like it was there ten seconds ago because I didn't keep it in my sight and like the tardis it is gone! I dream about her, Dimeton Abbey every night.... Sigh...

• Like 1
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to give this a go,

14858350380_7a439422e6_c.jpg

First order of business before the plunge was making sure the new studs I got from ace hardware would work...

the ones on the inside are 8mm x 40 and outside towards fender are 8mm x 25

(there was a strange thread difference on the inside.. 8mm to 7mm)

14858469597_e128837daa_b.jpg

Before:

15045000485_cec5a0668b_z.jpg14858406308_0f1a2e150d_z.jpg

15041948971_23df4d12f5_z.jpg14858416048_e7af324d15_z.jpg

15044657242_bb03832ff9_z.jpg 15041950211_c5fd967341.jpg

15045009445_a2af32c882_c.jpg

• Like 2

This one........

Carb_zpsb46c783d.jpg

...........see how there's a gap??

Close that gap without moving the arm...........

..............after it's closed......turn it 1/2 turn......

Hmm either has no power to move at that small of gap... Have it turned in even further... Idle mixture screw out 3 turns.

Hard to get her to go in reverse without backfires from carb unless revving high.

Next order of business;

Learn to time

Max speed on freeway tonight was about 52mph.... Just boggy and I'm missing the top flaps linkage assembly, so maybe that's it..❤️❤️

...if this counted as domestic violence, I'd go to datsun jail!

Okay I need two things:

A torque wench

Help

I've been wanting to write a letter to this dude who lives down the street/ hill [1/2 mile] with a mint z and lift and five car garage. See if he would help me... not confident it would even pan out.

The problem with driving somewhere for help is;

Today - decent idle, bogged to death power on accl.

Today - off ramps and side streets, mount taylor hill climb to house - max speed 48

Today - had to REV in first to get even a shred of power to the rear and every gear thereafter... kept idle on an incline and take off was close but managed to get to a max of 38 of 40mph listed...

beep boop

I think my head and .. gasket are shot. Toots from engine itself when warming up after cranking for about 25 seconds and after about two minutes no toots from the engine. A toot is like a loud but short burst of air from somewhere on the engine that may or may not be the carburetor.

Dude can't hurt to ask the guy…. swing by with your Datto one day and say hi. Thats how I got my webers tuned. There was a guy across the street who had a vintage shop and loved 510s. Talked with him before I bought my car and then brought it by after. He came outside saying the car sounded like shit… ran inside grabbed a screwdriver, a wrench, and a vacuum  gauge… 5 minutes later he had it purring like a kitten

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

It has to be the head gasket. Gotta find the manual.

I got her running again, the poor girl, going through a long period

I have driven her five times over the course of three days and the throttle is just asinine .. the spring [i replaced the one I had in there] is proper length but small diameter and light .. lots and lots of go power and extremely fun. Trick is getting her to fire up. Is there a stock spring infographic?

I found my go pro so I will start again with videos. For example: car starts, issues, carburetor issues, etcetera etcetera

FIFTYMILLIONTHEDIT: Still need a torque wrench. Yes I'm doing it wrong. FM[DATSUN]L.

• 3 weeks later...

Pic here

3AMP maintain was on I think and the light on the charging unit was green.

Couldn't get the bitch to turn over! She was dead and the starter couldn't handle it.

Pushed her sorry ass out the garage as innocently and with every tensile fiber in my body. Got her straightened out and triple a showed up.

He tried everything. I think we even fried the starter so I got another one and a new battery with a touch more power. I want one of those small marine batteries and the $99 thing that can jump a car 10x over.

I can't get the starter for another two hours so I wait. Also got new hoses.

Since the tow truck can never ever go up the hill at my personal residence the dime is parked in my neighbors large parking lot below... In the direct sunlight with a gentle breeze bemongst the close proximitied redwood trees.